The London Institute of Banking & Finance
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The London Institute of Banking & Finance exists for the simple reason of advancing banking and finance by providing outstanding education and thinking. It provides the skills and knowledge that the sector expects from people starting out or furthering their career in banking and finance. Graduates will be better prepared to advance in the sector as the LIBF's learning is based on contemporary real life rather than text book theory.
UCAS Code: I55
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Provisional is awarded to institutions that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK, but which do not currently have enough data to be fully assessed. Institutions must opt in for this award. Find out more about TEF.
Undergraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Student Services and Facilities
- The Henry Grunfeld library brings to life the LIBF's extensive online KnowledgeBank, with experienced librarians on hand to help students get ahead in their studies.
- The Careers and Employability team work in collaboration with leading recruiters from the financial services sector.
- They provide support across a range of services including finding an internship or graduate position.
- Services include CV writing workshops, mock interviews, on-campus employer events, and personal and career development workshops.
- Networking events with the LIBF's vast alumni community gives students the opportunity to meet with key players from the industry and build relationships that could potentially help them in their career.
- The LIBF are glad to support any specific needs students might have whilst studying there. Please refer to the LIBF website for details.
Other services and facilities
- The Bloomberg trading terminal is available for instant access to the trading floor and skills practice.
- LIBF is affiliated with Student Central, just a short journey away on the underground.
- Student Central comprises 27 major universities and institutions in London, and is run by students, for students.
- Students gain access to everything that Student Central has to offer from sports and societies to student bars.
- Founded in 1879 as the Institute of Bankers, the LIBF has remained at the forefront of professional education in financial services ever since, with its alumni working in major financial institutions the world over.
- The London Institute of Banking & Finance run a student investor challenge: teams of 14–19 year olds get £100,000 virtual money to invest in the stock market… they don't keep the money but could win a trip to New York.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
LIBF's alumni can be found working for leading organisations in financial services and related sectors across the UK and internationally, including:
- Bank of England
- BNP Paribas
- Ernst & Young
- JP Morgan
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- RBS Group
Students can engage with an active alumni network of over 100,000 industry professionals via alumni events and professional networking groups.
The London Institute of Banking & Finance, 25 Lovat Lane, London, EC3R 8EB