London Metropolitan University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
London Metropolitan University's mission is to transform lives through education. The university teaches across three London locations: Moorgate, Holloway and Aldgate. All locations are easily accessible by public transport.
UCAS Code: L68
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 77%
- Postgraduate 23%
Mode of study
- Full Time 76%
- Part Time 24%
Where students come from
- UK 90%
- EU 7%
- Other 3%
- Male 39%
- Female 61%
Undergraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Student Services and Facilities
- The library provides access to Wi-Fi, self-service printers and photocopiers, a huge selection of both academic and fictional books, modern computers and quiet learning spaces.
- One of the university's promises is to offer all job opportunities on campus to students first.
- There is also a MetTemps website that lists paid and voluntary roles to help students gain work experience.
- London Met students have access to work-based learning opportunities during their studies, which count towards their degree. This includes real work experience, to give students practical knowledge and skills on top of their academic qualification.
- A counselling service offer guidance and emotional support to students; 94% of students were highly satisfied with the service in 2016–17 (Counselling Service statistics).
- The London Met Disabilities and Dyslexia Service (DDS) offers advice, information, and support for students with a disability, a specific learning difficulty (SpLD) such as dyslexia or dyspraxia, students with hearing or visual impairments, students with long-term health conditions and students with mental health difficulties.
- The university's Students' Union (SU) is a democratic organisation which is run by students, for students.
- The SU provides representation, advice, and support to the students of the university.
- It offers a great range of social activities, the Rocket club, top DJs, cultural events, and a wide range of student societies.
- London Met is one of London's oldest institutions; it been educating students in the heart of London since 1848.
- The university has a long line of royal patronage, starting with Prince Albert who became Patron in 1850, right up to The Duke of York who was made Patron in 2013.
- The current Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, is a former student of London Metropolitan University.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Sadiq Khan – Mayor of London.
- Shaun Wallace – Mastermind champion and barrister.
- Lord Bilimoria – British entrepreneur, founder of Cobra Beer.
- Candy Atherton – British journalist and former Member of Parliament.
- Peter Tatchell – human rights campaigner.
- Julie Bindel – English writer, feminist and co-founder of the group Justice for Women.
- Jane Shepherdson – previously chief executive of UK clothing brand, Whistles and brand director of Topshop.
- Noel Clarke – director, screenwriter and actor.
- Neil Tennant – from the Pet Shop Boys
- Marcus Adam – Olympic sprinter and bobsledder.
London Metropolitan University, 166–220 Holloway Road, London , N7 8DB