- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
London Metropolitan University's students come from 142 distinct nationalities (2017–18), ranging from Australians to Zambians, making it extremely diverse. Courses focus on improving students' job prospects and students benefit from all the networking and career opportunities of campuses in the heart of London. London was ranked as the top international city for students, according to a BBC article published in May 2018.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,595 international students in 2017–18
- London Metropolitan University provides a fully personalised pre-arrival information service for students.
- There's a one-week orientation programme for new international students, full of workshops and activities.
- The university's international team is centrally located and offers advice about life and study to students who are new to the UK.
English Language Requirements
English language requirements vary depending on the course; please refer to the university website for details (international section and individual course pages). The standard requirement for most undergraduate degrees (such as BAs and BScs) is as follows:
- Academic IELTS: 6.0, with all components 5.5 or above;
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic: 51 or above in all components; or
- Cambridge English: Certificate of Proficiency, overall grade C or higher.
Accommodation for International Students
- Students have access to a range of halls of residence, all within easy reach of the campuses – between 3–35 minutes' walk.
- The accommodation team provides advice on finding accommodation in student halls of residence (catered and self-catered) and hostels as well as searching for private rented accommodation.
- Contract length varies between 4–51 weeks, and Internet access is provided in most student halls.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Chevening scholarships are open to eligible international postgraduate students who are considering a full-time master’s in the UK. The scholarships can cover accommodation and tuition fees.
- Please refer to the university website for details of scholarships and bursaries.
- There are many social events, trips and workshops provided for London Met's international students, and numerous opportunities to make friends and settle in.
- A wide range of advice and guidance is available through London Met’s international advisers; fully trained, they can provide support on issues including immigration, visas, family, and work during and after studies.
Quick Guides to International Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about fees and funding for international students.
- Get information about fees and funding for EU students.