London Metropolitan University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
London Metropolitan University puts employability at the core of its curriculum; many of its degrees have received top marks from the Quality Assurance Agency, and many others are accredited by professional bodies. The university helps students to gain invaluable skills and build a successful career. Postgraduate applicants should have a good undergraduate degree (or equivalent); entry requirements vary depending on the course.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,745 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 44%
- Part Time 56%
- UK 89%
- EU 5%
- Other 6%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||20||160||185|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||65||65|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||40||45|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||30||30|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||15||5||20|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||5||15||15|
|Art & Design||5||10||15|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||10||10|
|Accounting & Finance||0||5||5|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||5||5|
|Middle Eastern & African Studies||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There are a range of bursaries specifically for postgraduate students. This includes Social Work bursary, Teacher Training bursary, as well as postgraduate supplementary funding.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students have access to a range of halls of residence in buildings managed by approved organisations, all within easy reach of both campuses.