London Metropolitan University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Postgraduate students have access to a range of halls of residence in buildings managed by approved organisations, all within easy reach of both campuses.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There are a range of bursaries specifically for postgraduate students. This includes the NHS Bursary, Social Work Bursary, Teacher Training Bursary as well as Postgraduate supplementary funding.
- The Research Exercise Framework (REF) 2014 ranked the majority of London Met research across six categories as World Leading or Internationally Excellent, with research in area studies, education and social policy scoring well above the national average.
- London Met was ranked fourth in the country for area studies, above institutions such as Oxford, Cambridge and UCL. This included research into migration issues carried out by the University’s Working Lives Research Institute.
- In Social Work and Social Policy, London Met was ranked 25th nationally for Impact, with research into gangs and victims of sexual violence by the Criminology department and Child and Woman Abuse Studies Unit being ranked either World Leading or Internationally Recognised.
- Education research, including that carried out by the Institute for Policy Studies in Education at London Met, also performed much higher than the national average. London Met is the top post-92 university in the country in terms of the impact of its education research.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
2,917 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 44%
- Part Time 56%
- UK 82%
- EU 8%
- Other 9%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Architecture, building & planning||15||620||635|
|Business & administrative studies||35||405||440|
|Subjects allied to medicine||10||195||200|
|Creative arts & design||25||145||175|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||70||80|
|Agriculture & related subjects||5||15||20|
|Engineering & technology||5||5||10|
|Historical & philosophical studies||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.