London School of Economics and Political Science
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- All applicants offered a place receive an Offer Pack prior to arrival, with information designed to make their preparation for study at the school as stress-free and simple as possible.
- The LSE's alumni around the world organise annual pre-departure events, giving new students the opportunity to socialise with each other and the school’s graduates, and to ask any questions on life at LSE and in London.
- On arrival, all students receive a comprehensive introduction to the academic and social life of the LSE through a range of presentations, meetings and social events.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS: 7.0 overall, and 7.0 in each of the four components; or TOEFL: 107 in IBT, with 25 out of 30 in each of the four skills; GCSE: grade B or above.
Accommodation for International Students
- All first year undergraduates and study abroad (General Course) students are guaranteed a place in university accommodation.
- LSE housing is located in central London but not on LSE's Houghton Street campus, with both catered and self-catered residences available. International students at LSE are housed across the School's residential sites.
- Accommodation nearest to LSE is a 5 minute walk from campus, the average walking time to accommodation is 20 minutes, with the furthest being approximately 45 minutes' walk.
- Students have access to LSE's Intranet in all its halls of residence.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.