London School of Economics and Political Science
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) delivers over 120 taught master's degrees, and research degrees are offered across the school's academic departments and research institutes. Subjects span an extensive range of social sciences. Taught master's degrees are focused and intensive, with the vast majority lasting one calendar year.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
6,789 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 94%
- Part Time 6%
- UK 20%
- EU 23%
- Other 57%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||5||925||930|
|Accounting & Finance||25||710||735|
|Communication & Media Studies||30||335||365|
|Geography & Environmental Science||45||205||250|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
LSE provides generous financial support for its graduate students from the UK, EU and overseas. The main financial aid packages are:
- LSE Graduate Support Scheme for master's students, as well as scholarships.
- LSE PhD Studentships and Research Council awards.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- LSE accommodation is available for graduate students.