London School of Economics and Political Science
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) delivers over 120 taught masters degrees, and research degrees are offered in all the school's academic departments and research institutes. Subjects covered span an extensive range of social sciences. Taught masters degrees are focused and intensive, with the vast majority lasting one calendar year.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
6,395 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 94%
- Part Time 6%
- UK 20%
- EU 23%
- Other 57%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||10||870||880|
|Accounting & Finance||20||685||705|
|Communication & Media Studies||20||265||285|
|Geography & Environmental Science||40||195||235|
|Librarianship & Information Management||10||0||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
LSE provides generous financial support for its graduate students from the UK, EU and overseas. The main financial aid package are:
- LSE Graduate Support Scheme for master's students.
- Scholarships for master's students.
- LSE PhD studentships and Research Council awards.
- Partnered awards with international funding agencies.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- LSE accommodation is available for graduate students.