London School of Economics and Political Science
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- LSE accommodation is available for graduate students.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
LSE provides generous financial support for its graduate students from the UK, EU and overseas. The main financial aid package are:
- LSE Graduate Support Scheme for master’s students.
- Scholarships for master’s students.
- LSE PhD Studentships and Research Council awards.
- Partnered awards with international funding agencies.
- All social science subject areas are available at postgraduate level. Please refer to the university website for further details.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
5,741 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 94%
- Part Time 6%
- UK 19%
- EU 24%
- Other 57%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||35||1350||1385|
|Historical & philosophical studies||65||360||425|
|Mass communications & documentation||20||245||265|
|Architecture, building & planning||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.