- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Located minutes from the centre of London, London South Bank University (LSBU) has been preparing and developing students for their working lives for over 125 years. LBSU puts its students first, and nearly 2,000 international students from over 130 countries have chosen to study there.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,610 international students in 2017–18
- LSBU runs a comprehensive programme of pre-departure and induction events for international students.
- Pre-departure seminars are held in a number of countries during November and July.
- The LSBU campus induction day includes introductory campus tours and talks about the university, facilities, support services and living in London.
- LBSU also arranges a social programme for new international students.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS: 6.0 overall (with at least 5.5 in each skill); or
- TOEFL IBT: 80 overall (reading 18, listening 17, speaking 20, writing 17); or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): 52 overall (with at least 51 in each skill).
Accommodation for International Students
- International students attending the university for the first time are guaranteed accommodation, so long as applications are received by the Accommodation Service by the specified deadline.
- University accommodation is provided in four residential buildings, located within a 10-minute walk of the main campus in the centre of London. The university offers single study bedrooms with standard and en-suite options, housed in flats of between two and nine residents, with Internet access. Accommodation is self-catered; the university has cafés for those preferring to purchase meals.
- University accommodation is generally allocated by course level rather than by nationality. For example, first year undergraduates are usually housed together.
- Students may remain in their accommodation during Christmas and Easter breaks. Students wishing to stay during the summer vacation period may apply for summer university accommodation.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- London South Bank University welcomes and encourages students from all over the world to study there, offering a range of scholarships for our international students. Some awards outlined can be combined for greater discounts.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- LBSU staff have a well-deserved reputation for offering personalised student support. Through this they enhance student achievement and satisfaction by providing individual and group tutorials, seminars, workshops, Personal Development Planning, careers sessions and a dedicated School Student Office.