London South Bank University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- Located minutes from the centre of London.
- LSBU has been preparing and developing students for their working lives for over 120 years.
- Here at LSBU we put our students first and almost 2,000 International students from over 130 countries have chosen this university.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- IELTS overall 6.0 (with at least 5.5 in each skill) or
- TOEFL IBT overall 80 (reading 18, listening 17, speaking 20, writing 17) or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) overall 52 (with at least 51 in each skill).
- For full details of all the acceptable English Language qualifications please see our website.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- We have a range of scholarships and discounts available specifically to international students.
- Many international undergraduate students will qualify for a £1,000 Nationality Scholarship.
- Early payment discounts of 5% are also available.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- London South Bank University runs a comprehensive programme of pre-departure and orientation events for international students.
- Pre-departure seminars are held in a number of countries during November and July.
- The LSBU campus orientation day includes introductory campus tours and talks about the university, facilities, support services and living in London. We also arrange a social programme for new international students.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university offers standard and en-suite self-catered accommodation across 1,400 single study bedrooms in four residential buildings. There are university cafés where students may purchase meals if they don't want to prepare their own.
- All accommodation offers internet access via a data point in each bedroom.
- Flats accommodate between two and nine residents, depending on the building.
- All residences are within a 10-minute walk of the main Southwark campus, in the centre of London.
- International students who are attending the university for the first time are guaranteed accommodation, so long as applications are received by the Accommodation Service by 1 August.
- University accommodation is generally allocated by course level rather than by nationality. For example, first year undergraduates are usually housed together.
- Students may remain in their accommodation during Christmas and Easter breaks. Students wishing to stay during the summer vacation period may apply for summer university accommodation.
Organisations for International Students
- LSBU's Student Centre houses the Students' Union which runs a wide variety of sports, academic, social and cultural clubs and societies.