London South Bank University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,750 international students in 2016–17
- London South Bank University runs a comprehensive programme of pre-departure and orientation events for international students.
- Pre-departure seminars are held in a number of countries during November and July.
- The LSBU campus orientation day includes introductory campus tours and talks about the university, facilities, support services and living in London.
- LBSU also arranges a social programme for new international students.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS overall 6.0 (with at least 5.5 in each skill); or
- TOEFL IBT overall 80 (reading 18, listening 17, speaking 20, writing 17); or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) overall 52 (with at least 51 in each skill).
- For full details of all acceptable English Language qualifications, please refer to the university website.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students who are attending the university for the first time are guaranteed accommodation, so long as applications are received by the Accommodation Service by the specified deadline.
- University accommodation is provided in four residential buildings, located within a ten-minute walk of the main campus in the centre of London. The university offers single study bedrooms with standard and en-suite options, housed in flats of between two and nine residents, with Internet access. Accommodation is self-catered; the university has cafés for those preferring to purchase meals.
- University accommodation is generally allocated by course level rather than by nationality. For example, first year undergraduates are usually housed together.
- Students may remain in their accommodation during Christmas and Easter breaks. Students wishing to stay during the summer vacation period may apply for summer university accommodation.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.