London South Bank University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- We are an active research university across our seven schools, with outcomes and practices underpinning our teaching and strongly enhancing our student experience.
- The results of the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) contained excellent news about the quality of LSBU research.
- The university emerged as one of the top three modern universities in London after 73% of its research was given the two highest ratings (4* and 3*) for 'impact' – an assessment of the reach and significance a research project has achieved.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 4,715 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 35%
- Part Time 65%
- UK 79%
- EU 5%
- Other 16%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||39||1599||1638|
|Business & administrative studies||45||1139||1184|
|Architecture, building & planning||11||593||604|
|Engineering & technology||66||317||383|
|Mass communications & documentation||0||29||29|
|Agriculture & related subjects||3||26||29|
|Creative arts & design||0||28||28|
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Postgraduate students joining LSBU can apply for our Vice Chancellor's Scholarship programme.
- The programme offers a range of awards from £1,000 bursaries to a full fee waiver to new UK, EU or international postgraduate students.