- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Loughborough University is based on a fantastic 440-acre single-site campus at the heart of the UK. All undergraduate courses offer the option to include a year in industry as part of the degree. The student experience is renowned, with endless opportunities to get involved in at Loughborough Students' Union.
UCAS Code: L79
League Table Scores
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the university.Read more
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the university.Read more
A measure of the proportion of staff involved in high-quality research in the university.Read more
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the university.Read more
The average staffing levels at the university.Read more
Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the university spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more
A guide to how much the university spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the university.Read more
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 76%
- Postgraduate 24%
Mode of study
- Full Time 91%
- Part Time 9%
Where students come from
- UK 79%
- EU 5%
- Other 16%
- Male 60%
- Female 40%
Student Services and Facilities
- The four-storey Pilkington library is staffed 24/7 during revision and exam periods, offering over 1,300 study spaces, wireless networking and around 250 PCs.
- The library provides a wide range of courses and online materials to enhance student skills.
- There is specialist subject support for each school and department, including approximately 700,000 books, journals, DVDs and CDs.
- The university's Careers Network source and advertise part-time jobs, both on and off campus.
- Part-time work on campus includes roles as student ambassadors or within one of the many catering outlets. Many students also find work within the Students' Union.
- Loughborough University Careers Network provide a wide range of services and support to students and graduates including advice on developing employability, guidance on career options and help applying for placements.
- Regular workshops help develop the skills needed in CV and application writing, and the university’s Employability Award recognises the skills students develop through work and extracurricular activities.
- The university hosts the UK's largest annual Careers Fair, along with hundreds of other employer events.
- The university Medical Centre is situated in the middle of the campus, close to the main student accommodation village.
- Registration is free and students can book both GP and nurse appointments.
- There is also a pharmacy located in the Students' Union building.
- There is a counselling service where students can talk in confidence to a professionally trained member of staff.
- The Disability Office offers support for students with a wide range of disabilities.
- The university provides support and tuition for students with specific learning differences and those who face barriers with their ability to study as a result of mental health issues.
Other services and facilities
- The Centre for Faith and Spirituality includes a chapel, prayer room, quiet room and faith room; these are used by student faith groups and individuals.
- Chaplains from different faiths and denominations offer support to everyone, irrespective of their religious or spiritual beliefs.
- Loughborough Students' Union is completely owned and run by the students, providing a range of services.
- Over 100 different clubs and societies are on offer, along with opportunities to get involved in community projects, fundraising, campaigns, weekly events and loads more.
- Within the union building there are places to eat, drink and socialise, including a large-capacity nightclub.
- Founded in 1909 as a small technical institute, it was renamed Loughborough University in 1996.
- In 2015 Loughborough opened a 2nd postgraduate campus on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London.
- Loughborough's single-site green campus is the size of 7040 tennis courts.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Lord Sebastian Coe – Olympic athlete, Chair of the British Olympic Association (BOA) and former Chair of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG).
- Rosalind Ayres – actor.
- Paula Radcliffe – Olympic athlete.
- Sir Clive Woodward – manager of the England Rugby World Cup winning team, former Director of Sport at the British Olympic Association (BOA).
- Tom Karen – designer.
- Bridget Riley – artist.
- Lisa Rogers – TV presenter.
- Sir Peter Bonfield – businessman.
- Sir John Gains – engineer.
- Sir Frank Gibb – engineer.
Loughborough University , Epinal Way, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3TU