- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the University. These tables use the old UCAS tariff.Read more
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the University.Read more
A measure of the proportion of staff involved in high-quality research in the University.Read more
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the University.Read more
The average staffing levels at the University.Read more
Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the University.Read more
Loughborough University is based on a fantastic 440-acre single-site campus at the heart of the UK. All undergraduate courses offer the option to include a year in industry as part of the degree. The award-winning student experience is renowned and there are endless opportunities to get involved in at Loughborough Students' Union.
- Applicants are normally expected to have at least 3 A levels and in many cases specific subjects are required. Typical offers for A level applicants range from A*AA–BBB depending on the chosen course.
- General Studies is not normally accepted, although there are a small number of courses that will accept it where it complements other subjects taken.
- The university accepts a wide range of alternative UK and international qualifications.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
- Students are provided with an exceptional learning environment that integrates teaching, research and enterprise.
- Assessment varies depending on degree course but is usually conducted through a combination of exams, coursework and assessed tutorials or tests.
- Loughborough courses offer a range of core and optional modules that allow students to tailor their degree to individual interest.
- Option to incorporate a year in industry on every undergraduate degree course.
- Options to undertake international study exchanges or overseas work placements via the Erasmus Programme.
Student Services and Facilities
- The recently refurbished Pilkington Library offers a range of services to support student learning, including 24/7 opening during revision periods and a huge variety of study spaces.
- Free PC clinic offering support and advice for students' personal computers.
- Various facilities available across campus include a shop, hairdressers, pharmacy, dentist and optician as well as social spaces.
- The Disability Office offers support for students with a wide range of disabilities.
- The university provides support and tuition for students with specific learning differences and those who face barriers with their ability to study as a result of mental health issues.
- There is also a counselling service where students can talk in confidence with a professionally trained member of staff.
- Award-winning Loughborough Students' Union, owned and run completely by students provides a range of services.
- Over 100 different clubs and societies on offer as well as opportunities to get involved in community projects, fundraising, campaigns, weekly events and loads more.
- Within the union building there are places to eat, drink and socialise, including a large-capacity nightclub.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- The university's Careers Network source and advertise part-time jobs, both on and off campus.
- Part-time work on campus includes roles as student ambassadors or within one of the many catering outlets.
- Loughborough University Careers Network provide a wide range of services and support to students and graduates including advice on developing employability, guidance on career options and help applying for placements.
- Regular workshops are held to help with the development of skills needed in CV and application writing.
- The university hosts the UK's largest annual Careers Fair along with hundreds of other employer events.
- The university’s Employability Award can also help students gain recognition for personal and skills development, through work and other extra-curricular activities.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 75%
- Postgraduate 25%
Mode of study
- Full Time 90%
- Part Time 10%
Where students come from
- UK 79%
- EU 5%
- Other 16%
- Male 62%
- Female 38%
- Founded in 1909 as a small technical institute.
- Renamed Loughborough University in 1996.
- In 2015 Loughborough opened a 2nd postgraduate campus on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London.
- Lord Sebastian Coe – Olympic athlete, Chair of the British Olympic Association (BOA) and former Chair of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG).
- Rosalind Ayres – actor.
- Paula Radcliffe – Olympic athlete.
- Sir Clive Woodward – manager of the England Rugby World Cup winning team, former Director of Sport at the British Olympic Association (BOA).
- Tom Karen – designer.
- Bridget Riley – artist.
- Lisa Rogers – TV presenter.
- Sir Peter Bonfield – businessman.
- Sir John Gains – engineer.
- Sir Frank Gibb – engineer.