- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Loughborough University is based on a fantastic 440-acre single-site campus at the heart of the UK. All undergraduate courses offer the option to include a year in industry as part of the degree. The student experience is renowned, with endless opportunities to get involved in at Loughborough Students' Union.
UCAS Code: L79
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 76%
- Postgraduate 24%
Mode of study
- Full Time 91%
- Part Time 9%
Where students come from
- UK 79%
- EU 5%
- Other 16%
- Male 60%
- Female 40%
Student Services and Facilities
- The four-storey Pilkington library is staffed 24/7 during revision and exam periods, offering over 1,300 study spaces, wireless networking and around 250 PCs.
- The library provides a wide range of courses and online materials to enhance student skills.
- There is specialist subject support for each school and department, including approximately 700,000 books, journals, DVDs and CDs.
- The university's Careers Network source and advertise part-time jobs, both on and off campus.
- Part-time work on campus includes roles as student ambassadors or within one of the many catering outlets. Many students also find work within the Students' Union.
- Loughborough University Careers Network provide a wide range of services and support to students and graduates including advice on developing employability, guidance on career options and help applying for placements.
- Regular workshops help develop the skills needed in CV and application writing, and the university’s Employability Award recognises the skills students develop through work and extracurricular activities.
- The university hosts the UK's largest annual Careers Fair, along with hundreds of other employer events.
- The university Medical Centre is situated in the middle of the campus, close to the main student accommodation village.
- Registration is free and students can book both GP and nurse appointments.
- There is also a pharmacy located in the Students' Union building.
- There is a counselling service where students can talk in confidence to a professionally trained member of staff.
- The Disability Office offers support for students with a wide range of disabilities.
- The university provides support and tuition for students with specific learning differences and those who face barriers with their ability to study as a result of mental health issues.
Other services and facilities
- The Centre for Faith and Spirituality includes a chapel, prayer room, quiet room and faith room; these are used by student faith groups and individuals.
- Chaplains from different faiths and denominations offer support to everyone, irrespective of their religious or spiritual beliefs.
- Loughborough Students' Union is completely owned and run by the students, providing a range of services.
- Over 100 different clubs and societies are on offer, along with opportunities to get involved in community projects, fundraising, campaigns, weekly events and loads more.
- Within the union building there are places to eat, drink and socialise, including a large-capacity nightclub.
- Founded in 1909 as a small technical institute, it was renamed Loughborough University in 1996.
- In 2015 Loughborough opened a 2nd postgraduate campus on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London.
- Loughborough's single-site green campus is the size of 7040 tennis courts.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Lord Sebastian Coe – Olympic athlete, Chair of the British Olympic Association (BOA) and former Chair of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG).
- Rosalind Ayres – actor.
- Paula Radcliffe – Olympic athlete.
- Sir Clive Woodward – manager of the England Rugby World Cup winning team, former Director of Sport at the British Olympic Association (BOA).
- Tom Karen – designer.
- Bridget Riley – artist.
- Lisa Rogers – TV presenter.
- Sir Peter Bonfield – businessman.
- Sir John Gains – engineer.
- Sir Frank Gibb – engineer.
Loughborough University , Epinal Way, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3TU