- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The university offers a free airport pick-up service from London Heathrow Airport to campus for new international students at the start of the academic year.
- International office staff make regular visits to countries across the world, so that students can come and meet them in person.
- All new international, European and exchange students are invited to attend an induction and welcome meeting during the first week of the Autumn term.
English Language Requirements
- The standard university IELTS English language requirement is 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in each individual element.
- Some departments may require higher levels English language, please refer to the university website for details.
- Loughborough offers a number of pre-sessional English language programmes for students who score below this level.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are guaranteed a room in university accommodation for the first year of study, providing they make Loughborough their firm choice and register for accommodation by the specified deadline.
- Students will also be guaranteed a further year in university accommodation providing they apply for their accommodation before the January deadline of that year.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.