- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The university has several postgraduate halls of residence either on or very close to the campus.
- Students can cook for themselves, or try out one of the many venues on campus. The university's diners+ option offers pre-paid meal packages and flexible access to a variety of food outlets, providing both great value and healthy options.
- The Student Accommodation Centre also advertises approved private accommodation on Studentpad.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There are a range of scholarships and bursaries available for postgraduate students at Loughborough University.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- Most subject areas are available at postgraduate level.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,225 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 64%
- Part Time 36%
- UK 47%
- EU 8%
- Other 45%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Engineering & technology||435||575||1010|
|Business & administrative studies||85||775||860|
|Subjects allied to medicine||0||150||150|
|Architecture, building & planning||55||85||140|
|Creative arts & design||95||40||130|
|Mass communications & documentation||25||85||110|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.