- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,195 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 67%
- Part Time 33%
- UK 48%
- EU 9%
- Other 44%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||70||975||1045|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||75||200||275|
|Art & Design||85||125||210|
|Accounting & Finance||0||130||130|
|Communication & Media Studies||15||115||130|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||55||45||105|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||5||50||55|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||50||5||55|
|Librarianship & Information Management||10||45||55|
|Geography & Environmental Science||35||10||40|
|Physics & Astronomy||15||10||30|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||10||10|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Loughborough offers a fully-funded PhD studentship, covering the cost of tuition fees; in addition, there is a substantial tax-free stipend for living costs. Please refer to the university website for further details.
- The university is home to a research council-funded Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT), offering a unique and enhanced experience for doctoral researchers. CDTs are centres in universities, or groups of universities, where research students undertake PhD or EngD study funded and supported by the NERC, ESRC and AHRC funding councils.
- A variety of school and departmental scholarships and bursaries are offered to students with outstanding academic achievement. Please refer to the university website for details of other funding opportunities for UK/EU and international students wishing to study taught and research programmes.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Where students live and who they live with will create some of the best memories of their university career. Loughborough has four self-catered halls of residence available to postgraduate students, offering competitive rents and a friendly and supportive community spirit.
- Accommodation is available either on, or a short walk from, campus, and rooms are let on a 50-week basis.