- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Loughborough is a truly exceptional, internationally-renowned university; offering taught and research opportunities in Loughborough and in London.
- With well over 130 taught postgraduate programmes and an array of research degrees, we offer an excellent choice for anyone looking to pursue their studies and further their career.
- Nearly all of our programmes are available on a full- or part-time basis, and some modules are offered as week-long programmes to allow more flexible study.
- A number of courses can be studied by either full or partial distance-learning, with no or short period of on-campus attendance.
- Life at Loughborough has a strong community feel. It’s a factor we pride ourselves on and is all down to one key element…our people.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 3,450 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 61%
- Part Time 39%
- UK 50%
- EU 9%
- Other 42%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Engineering & technology||433||577||1010|
|Business & administrative studies||86||775||861|
|Subjects allied to medicine||0||150||150|
|Architecture, building & planning||53||87||140|
|Creative arts & design||93||39||132|
|Mass communications & documentation||24||84||108|
Loughborough has always been at the forefront of engineering and technology, but has strengths in many other areas including:
- Sport and sports technology
- Art and design
- Business studies
- The sciences
- Social sciences
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There are more than 100 university scholarships and studentships for taught and research programmes, plus many schools and departments award their own scholarships.
- Several self-catering halls of residence are available to postgraduates.
- Accommodation is available either on, or a short walk from, campus, with rooms let on a 50-week basis.
- With competitive rents and a friendly and supportive atmosphere, halls are a great choice for students seeking accommodation.
- You can choose to cook for yourself or to eat at one of the many venues on campus.
- Our diners+ option gives you pre-paid meal packages and provides flexible access to superb value, great choice and healthy meal options in our various outlets.
- You’ll want to capitalise on your postgraduate studies by getting the best advice and guidance about your future career opportunities.
- Our Careers Network is here to help you identify the additional skills, knowledge and personal attributes gained from studying at postgraduate level, and how to apply these to boost your employability.
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- We offer a range of support services, designed to help you succeed during your time here.
- Loughborough University has a strong tradition of looking after its students. We deliver much of this support through our academic, guidance and welfare services.