- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The community spirit in our halls of residence is unrivalled by any UK university. Where you live and who you live with will create some of the best memories of your university career.
- We have four self-catered halls of residence available to our postgraduate students. Accommodation is available either on, or a short walk from, campus, and rooms are let on a 50-week basis. With competitive rents and a friendly and supportive atmosphere, halls are a great choice for students seeking accommodation.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- We offer fully funded PhD studentship which cover the cost of the tuition fees, in addition to there is a substantial tax-free stipend for living costs – please see the website for further details.
- We also offer a variety of school and departmental based scholarships and bursaries for students with outstanding academic achievement.
- Our Research Council-funded Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs) offer a unique and enhanced experience for Doctoral Researchers. CDTs are centres in universities, or groups of universities, for research students to undertake PhD or EngD study, funded and supported by the NERC, ESRC and AHRC funding councils.
- With many other funding opportunities for UK/EU and International students wanting to study taught and research programmes, take a look at our website.
- You could be part of a top ten research-intensive university in England (according to 2018 Complete University Guide league table). Loughborough University is proud of its long history as an institution of further and higher education.
- The Loughborough doctoral experience offers a vibrant and supportive research community. We seek to provide all our research students with a supportive and exciting environment by creating new working cultures, emphasising transferable skills, and forging lasting links with industry.
- Whether you’re thinking of applying for an existing research opportunity or you want to develop your own research project, it’s worth browsing our website to find out everything you need to know.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,225 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 64%
- Part Time 36%
- UK 47%
- EU 8%
- Other 45%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Engineering & technology||435||575||1010|
|Business & administrative studies||85||775||860|
|Subjects allied to medicine||0||150||150|
|Architecture, building & planning||55||85||140|
|Creative arts & design||95||40||130|
|Mass communications & documentation||25||85||110|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.