- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Loughborough University is in the top ten UK universities (Complete University Guide 2020). Its research has impact, with the university awarded seven Queen's Anniversary prizes in recognition of its world-class excellence in areas of service and benefit to the UK – only Oxford has more. The university offers a range of master's degrees across a broad spectrum of disciplines.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,205 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 74%
- Part Time 26%
- UK 45%
- EU 8%
- Other 47%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||80||1045||1120|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||70||195||260|
|Art & Design||85||150||235|
|Communication & Media Studies||15||175||190|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||55||40||100|
|Accounting & Finance||0||95||95|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||10||65||75|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||50||60|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||45||5||45|
|Geography & Environmental Science||30||10||40|
|Physics & Astronomy||20||10||30|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||10||10|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Loughborough University master's scholarships range from 10% to 100% towards the cost of tuition fees, with funding also available for talented arts students and athletes.
- The university's PhD studentships typically cover the full cost of fees and may also include a tax-free stipend for living costs. In some cases, additional funding will be provided for research support expenses.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Loughborough has four self-catered halls of residence available to postgraduate students, either on or a short walk from campus.
- Postgraduate students who receive full acceptance onto their course and apply for accommodation prior to the specified deadline will be given priority when university halls accommodation is allocated.
- Although halls accommodation is not guaranteed, the university promises to help postgraduates secure accommodation, either with the university or by referral to an off-campus approved provider.