Manchester Metropolitan University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the University. These tables use the old UCAS tariff.Read more
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the University.Read more
A measure of the proportion of staff involved in high-quality research in the University.Read more
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the University.Read more
The average staffing levels at the University.Read more
Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the University.Read more
Manchester Metropolitan University is one of the UK’s most applied to universities, with the widest choice of flexible courses and professional accreditations, which ensures what students learn can be applied in their chosen career. With a community of over 38,000 students, Manchester Metropolitan University is one of the largest universities in the UK. It has more than 270,000 alumni, representing 100+ countries across the world.
- The university encourages applications from those returning to education and where appropriate will consider alternative evidence in order to determine suitability to start and succeed on a chosen course of study.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
- The university offers both single and combined degree subjects, and both full-time and part-time courses.
- There is a wide range of 4-year programmes, including sandwich year placements, study abroad options and 4-year integrated masters programmes of study.
Student Services and Facilities
- The library in Manchester is open 24/7.
- High-speed student Wi-Fi is available across all campuses and accommodation.
- Wide range of expert IT support with a 24/7 helpline.
- On-site print services offering specialist facilities to print student work to professional standards.
- Group Study Zones equipped with the latest technology specially designed for collaborating on projects.
- The Disability Service provides a range of support for disabled students and students with a specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia.
- The advisers provide support to current and prospective disabled students, giving information and advice on the resources available to them, both within the university and from external agencies.
- Disability Advisers will help with any necessary screenings or assessments to identify student's individual needs. They will also assist with applications for the Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs), liaising with relevant funding bodies as appropriate. Advisers work collaboratively with academic colleagues and other central services, such as the library, to support disabled students.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- The Students’ Union is one of the largest student-led organisations in the UK, dedicated to helping the university’s 38,000 students get the most out of their time at university. It has an active campaigning role, representing the views of students locally and nationally.
- The specialist, student-focused Advice Centre is one of only 20 in the country to achieve the Advice Quality Standard, a nationally recognised accreditation for advice and case work. It provides help with a whole range of things, including finance, housing and academic services.
- The union is located in a new building featuring a bar, shop, café, studio, media suite and events venue. As well as providing entertainment, there are over 150 sports clubs and societies to join, covering a wide range of interests, from rugby to gardening, politics and sky diving.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- The Careers and Employability Service organises a range of employer events on campus and advertises hundreds of part-time roles, graduate jobs, placements and internships to Manchester Metropolitan University students online via My Career Hub.
- Students can register for the university’s on-campus employment scheme, Jobs4Students, to gain valuable experience working for the university, as well as earning extra money.
- The dedicated Employability Hub is at the heart of the Manchester campus with an experienced team of careers advisers providing advice and guidance on many career options. This ranges from daily drop-in support, specialist appointments with careers consultants and events, to mentoring and online support.
- A careers website provides students with access to a wealth of information on work experience, job applications and interviews, as well as thousands of vacancies for work experience as a student, and graduate jobs and employers.
- The university hosts major careers fairs for students to meet employers on campus from a wide range of industries. Academic and professional staff maintain links in multiple industries and professions to create work opportunities for placements, internships and graduate roles.
- Students can undertake voluntary work for local and national charities and not-for-profit organisations.
- Students can also take part in the Futures Skills Award, designed to help develop and showcase skills to future employers.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 83%
- Postgraduate 17%
Mode of study
- Full Time 85%
- Part Time 15%
Where students come from
- UK 93%
- EU 3%
- Other 4%
- Male 42%
- Female 58%
- Manchester Metropolitan University is a leading, modern university with a history of education since 1824.
- Manchester School of Art has a 179 year history, and is the second oldest design school in the UK.
- Sarah Burton OBE – Creative Director, Alexander McQueen.
- Thomas Heatherwick CBE – designer and maker, Heatherwick Studio.
- Dr Evelyn Asante-Mensah OBE – Commissioner at the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
- Jonathan Mildenhall – Chief Marketing Officer, Airbnb.
- Steve Coogan – actor, impressionist and comedian.
- Martin Parr – photographer.
- Julie Walters CBE – actress.
- David Fairhurst – Executive Vice-President, McDonald's.
- Liz Kessler – writer.
- John Bishop – comedian and actor.
|Address||Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building