- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Manchester Metropolitan University has a proud heritage dating back to 1824. It is one of the largest universities in the UK, with over 38,000 students, and is home to a diverse international student population from more than 140 countries.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
3,380 international students in 2017–18
- The university's International Office provides pre-arrival support and information specifically for international and EU students.
- Every September and January the university runs welcome events designed to help international and EU students meet other students and settle into university life as quickly as possible.
- The university provides an airport transfer service that collects students from Manchester Airport and takes them to their halls of residence.
English Language RequirementsThe following English language requirements are for guidance only and may vary by course or programme; please refer to the university website.
- Undergraduate courses: IELTS 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any component).
- Postgraduate courses: IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in any component for taught masters, and no less than 6.0 in any component for postgraduate research).
- For students who would like to improve their English before starting their course, the Language Centre at Manchester Metropolitan offers English language and academic skills courses to prepare students for university study.
Accommodation for International Students
- All international students are guaranteed accommodation in university student halls, provided they are in their first year of study and apply before the specified deadline.
- The accommodation is located on or close to Manchester Metropolitan University's campuses, near local amenities, including shops and food outlets.
- Each residence has a staffed reception (24-hour reception in some halls), 24-hour security and a team of Residential Advisers who are available to offer support and advice.
Bursaries and Scholarships
Manchester Metropolitan University offers a range of scholarships to high-achieving students. The following is a selection; please refer to the university website for details.
- Vice-Chancellor International Scholarship: worth £5,000, open to international students enrolling on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme and who can demonstrate good academic merit and strong motivation to study at the university. Students are required to apply for the award.
- Postgraduate scholarship: worth up to £2,000 for international students who enrol on a full-time postgraduate master's programme and meet the eligibility criteria. Awarded automatically on enrolment.
- The International Office works with international students to support every stage of their journey, from application to graduation and beyond. Students are able to meet team members in person throughout the year, as well as contact them by phone or e-mail with queries about any aspect of their student life, including immigration.
Quick Guides to International Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about fees and funding for international students.
- Get information about fees and funding for EU students.