Manchester Metropolitan University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Manchester Metropolitan University is located in the heart of Manchester city centre and has a proud history of higher education. With over 3,000 international students from over 120 countries, the university cultivates a rich and diverse environment with some of the best teaching, learning and sports facilities in the UK.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
3,185 international students in 2016–17
- The university's International Office provides pre-arrival support and information specifically for international students.
- Every September and January the university runs welcome events specifically for international students, designed to help them meet other students and settle into university as quickly as possible.
- The university provides an Airport Welcome Service that collects students from Manchester Airport and takes them to their halls of residence.
English Language Requirements
The level of English required depends on the course or qualification. The English language entry requirements detailed here are for guidance only; please refer to the university website for details.
- For most undergraduate courses, students need to reach IELTS 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any component.
- For most postgraduate courses, students need to reach IELTS 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any component for taught masters, and no less than 6.0 in any component for postgraduate research.
- If students would like to improve their English before they start their course, the university can help. The Language Centre at Manchester Metropolitan offers English language and academic skills courses to prepare students for university study in the UK.
Accommodation for International Students
- All international students are guaranteed accommodation in university student halls, provided they are in their first year of study and apply before the specified deadline.
- The accommodation is located on or close to Manchester Metropolitan University’s campuses, near local amenities, including shops and food outlets.
- Each residence has a staffed reception (24-hour reception in some halls), 24-hour security and a team of Residential Advisors who are available to offer support and advice.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.