Manchester Metropolitan University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Manchester Metropolitan is one of the UK's most applied-to universities. The university has a community of over 38,000 current undergraduate and postgraduate students and more than 280,000 alumni. Many of the postgraduate programmes carry professional accreditation and provide academic expertise to help students get the most out of their postgraduate studies.
- The university offers a wide range of taught and research programmes at postgraduate level. Qualifications include MSc, MA, MPhil, PhD, MRes, MBA and LLM.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
6,235 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 48%
- Part Time 52%
- UK 87%
- EU 5%
- Other 8%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||85||425||510|
|Art & Design||70||140||210|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||10||175||185|
|Accounting & Finance||0||155||155|
|Anatomy & Physiology||25||120||145|
|Librarianship & Information Management||10||70||85|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||80||80|
|Aural & Oral Sciences||0||35||35|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||35||35|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||30||30|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||25||25|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||25||25|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||15||20|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||5||5|
|Land & Property Management||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
Manchester Metropolitan University offers a number of postgraduate scholarships and bursaries in a range of subject areas. Please refer to the university website for details. Awards include:
- Alumni Loyalty Discount: 10% discount on postgraduate tuition fees for taught courses starting in September 2018, available to all Manchester Metropolitan University students who have already graduated with an undergraduate or foundation degree, PGCE or GDL, or who will be graduating in the summer of 2018.
- Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarships: these prestigious scholarships are awarded to students who can demonstrate good academic merit and strong motivation to study at the university. In 2016, the university awarded more than £200,000 to new international students.
- Manchester Metropolitan is providing scholarships of up to £2,000 for high achieving applicants. This scholarship is open to international students who enrol on a full-time postgraduate master's programme and meet the eligibility criteria.
- A range of subject/faculty specific scholarships are available each year – check the university’s website for the latest information.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate and mature students are welcome in all Manchester Metropolitan University accommodation and the accommodation team will endeavour to place you with like-minded students.
- A number of Residential Advisor positions are available for mature and postgraduate students who have experience of living in halls.
- Private student accommodation is available to book via Manchester Student Homes a free, university-run housing service for students.