Manchester Metropolitan University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Postgraduate students are welcome in all student halls of residence. The university endeavours to ensure postgraduate students can select accommodation with other like-minded students.
- A number of Residential Advisor positions are available for mature and postgraduate students who have experience of living in Halls. If students are interested in applying for one of these positions, they should contact the university’s Residential Life team.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Alumni Loyalty Discount: 20% discount on postgraduate tuition fees for taught courses starting in September 2017, available to all Manchester Metropolitan University students who have already graduated with an undergraduate degree, PGCE or GDL, or who will be graduating in the summer of 2017.
- Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarships: these prestigious scholarships are awarded to students who can demonstrate good academic merit and strong motivation to study at the university. In 2016, the university awarded more than £200,000 to new international students.
- The university’s Research Centres focuses on areas of excellence and quality – 85% of research was rated world-leading and internationally excellent in the REF 2014.
- Manchester Metropolitan University has world-leading research in Healthcare, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Engineering and Materials, Business and Management, Social Work and Social Policy, Sociology, Education, English Language and Literature, History and Art and Design.
- It is the top modern university in the UK for research in education and sociology and the most powerful modern university for research in allied health. It is ranked 6th for its power of research in Art and Design.
- The Writing School led by Poet Laureate Professor Dame Carol Ann Duffy is home to the UK's largest postgraduate English and Creative Writing community.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
5,650 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 43%
- Part Time 57%
- UK 87%
- EU 5%
- Other 8%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||80||815||895|
|Subjects allied to medicine||40||395||435|
|Creative arts & design||95||215||310|
|Architecture, building & planning||0||195||195|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||115||120|
|Engineering & technology||15||70||85|
|Medicine & dentistry||0||50||50|
|Historical & philosophical studies||10||25||30|
|Agriculture & related subjects||10||15||25|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.