- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Manchester Metropolitan is one of the UK's most applied-to universities. The university has a community of over 38,000 current undergraduate and postgraduate students and 290,000 alumni from 144 countries. Taught and research postgraduate programmes range from MRes and MPhil to LLM; academic expertise helps students get the most from their studies and many courses also carry professional accreditation.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
6,474 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 50%
- Part Time 50%
- UK 88%
- EU 4%
- Other 9%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||105||430||535|
|Anatomy & Physiology||35||170||205|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||10||195||205|
|Art & Design||70||115||185|
|Accounting & Finance||0||145||145|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||75||75|
|Librarianship & Information Management||15||60||75|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||35||35|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||30||30|
|Aural & Oral Sciences||0||30||30|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||20||25|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||20||20|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||20||20|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||5||5|
|Land & Property Management||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Manchester Metropolitan University offers a number of postgraduate scholarships and bursaries in a range of subject areas. Please refer to the university website for details.
- Alumni Loyalty Discount: 10% discount on postgraduate tuition fees for taught courses, available to all Manchester Metropolitan University graduates (including undergraduate or foundation degree, PGCE or GDL).
- A range of subject/faculty specific scholarships are available each year.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The accommodation team endeavours to place postgraduate and mature students with like-minded students in university accommodation; please refer to the university website for details.
- A number of Residential Advisor positions are available for mature and postgraduate students with experience of living in halls.
- Private student accommodation is available to book via Manchester Student Homes – a free, university-run housing service for students.