Medway School of Pharmacy
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Medway School of Pharmacy is a unique partnership between the University of Kent and the University of Greenwich. The School has achieved full accreditation by the General Pharmaceutical Council and is recognised as an established School of Pharmacy. The School's mission is to produce, through innovative teaching and research delivered in a supportive and caring environment, high-quality professional graduates committed to lifelong learning.
UCAS Code: M62
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
This institution did not take part in the TEF. Participation is voluntary. Find out more about TEF.
Student Services and Facilities
- Jobshop is a service run by Kent Union and Greenwich and Kent Students’ Associations Together (GK Unions).
- Students are employed by the universities in a variety of roles including catering/bar staff and temping. Lots of students sign up for paid student ambassador work. There are also many opportunities for part-time employment in the Medway region.
- There is a huge commitment from the school in preparing students for graduate employment throughout their degree courses. Many of its programmes are vocational, with a strong emphasis on professional placements and jobs.
- Pharmacy students also have full access to both the Kent and Greenwich careers guidance services.
- The Medway School of Pharmacy Careers Fair takes place each February, which is attended by a wealth of employers from the NHS, the pharmaceutical industry and many other market sectors.
- The School welcomes applications from disabled people and is committed to enabling disabled students to succeed. Please refer to the school's website for details.
Medway Pharmacy Students’ Association
- The MPSA aims to enrich student life on campus via social events and support, aspiring to foster a sense of unity within the student body.
Greenwich and Kent Students’ Unions Together
- Greenwich and Kent Students’ Unions Together is a new partnership between the Students’ Union University of Greenwich and Kent Union. GK Unions, as it is known, provides a number of vital services including a student advice centre for support with issues form academic to housing, or finance and funding.
- GK Unions is a democratic organisation which values the needs and interests of its members. Student officers are elected each year to represent students on the union’s executive committee.
- It also runs Coopers, a friendly campus pub with live music, quizzes and a regular acoustic night. Other social activities include sports clubs, societies, events, give-it-a-go activities (where students can try out different sports and societies). Events include the Freshers' Ball and the Summer Ball to round off the year – these feature top DJs and bands and a huge range of attractions, such as fairground rides, casinos, inflatable games and simulators.
- Medway School of Pharmacy is a unique partnership between the University of Greenwich and the University of Kent.
- The school opened in 2004, and the first cohort of MPharm students successfully graduated in July 2008. It is now recognised as an established school of pharmacy and had a very successful reaccreditation of the new MPharm programme in 2013, with no conditions or recommendations from the regulator, the General Pharmaceutical Council.
- Today it runs a range of programmes for scientists and healthcare professionals, utilising extensive laboratories and research facilities.
- The school’s mission is to produce, through innovative teaching and research delivered in a supportive and caring environment, high-quality professional graduates committed to lifelong learning.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Anne Child MBE – recognised for her service to people with dementia.
Medway School of Pharmacy, Anson Building, Central Avenue, Chatham Maritime, Kent, ME4 4TB