- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The International Student Orientation programme helps settle students into university life and become familiar with all aspects of studying and living in London. The programme includes the opportunity to meet other students and staff, make friends and have fun.
- The programme is free of charge to all overseas students and runs before September and January intakes. The university highly recommend that all international students take part in the programme.
English Language Requirements
Please refer to the university website for details, including other equivalent tests accepted.
- Undergraduate courses: IELTS score of 6.0 or above with at least 5.5 in each category. Some courses may require an IELTS score of 6.5 or 7.0.
- Postgraduate courses: IELTS score of 6.5 or above with at least 6.0 in each category. Some courses may require an IELTS score of 7.0.
Middlesex University offers programmes to assist student with improving their English or with gaining the qualification they need in order to progress to a full degree:
- Pre-sessional English courses are available for students whose English is not of a standard to start a degree programme, or who wish to improve their English. Students do not need to take an IELTS course if they pass a pre-sessional course. Courses are of varying length.
- The Intensive IELTS Preparation Programme aims to help students achieve the IELTS grade required in order to start university. This programme is open to all, not just students of Middlesex University.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation is prioritised for full-time international students.
- Accommodation is provided in 5 self-catering halls, ranging from traditional halls with shared bathrooms to modern apartments with en-suite rooms, all situated on or near the university's London campus.
- There is Internet access in all halls, and costs include bills.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.