- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Middlesex University has been educating students for nearly 140 years and welcomes students from over 140 different nationalities. At Middlesex, it doesn't matter where in the world you come from, the university gives the tools and opportunities required to make your own path to success, to grow as an individual and to stand out from your peers at home.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
5,440 international students in 2016–17
- The free International Student Orientation programme helps settle students into university life and become familiar with all aspects of studying and living in London. The highly-recommended programme includes the chance to meet other students and staff, make friends and have fun; it takes place before September and January intakes.
- On campus, students get the opportunity to meet their programme leader and receive their course handbook, which covers their course content, what the leader expects from students and important contract details.
- Campus tours are on offer throughout Welcome from the university Quadrangle (the Quad); these give students the chance to see their specific course facilities.
- Middlesex Students' Union (MDXSU) organises a wide range of events throughout the year, from club nights to careers fairs, and from employability workshops to socials.
English Language Requirements
Please refer to the university website for details, including other equivalent tests accepted.
- Undergraduate courses: IELTS score of 6.0 or above with at least 5.5 in each category. Some courses may require an IELTS score of 6.5 or 7.0.
- Postgraduate courses: IELTS score of 6.5 or above with at least 6.0 in each category. Some courses may require an IELTS score of 7.0.
Middlesex University offers programmes to assist student with improving their English or with gaining the qualification they need in order to progress to a full degree:
- Pre-sessional English courses are available for students whose English is not of a standard to start a degree programme, or who wish to improve their English. Students do not need to take an IELTS course if they pass a pre-sessional course. Courses are of varying length.
- The Intensive IELTS Preparation Programme aims to help students achieve the IELTS grade required in order to start university. This programme is open to all, not just students of Middlesex University.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation is prioritised for full-time international students.
- Accommodation is provided in five self-catering halls, ranging from traditional flats with shared bathrooms to modern apartments with en-suite rooms, all situated on or near the university's London campus.
- There is Internet access in all halls, and costs include bills.
- Students' families would need to book private accommodation; please refer to the Middlesex Studentpad website for details.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.