- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Middlesex University welcomes students from over 140 different nationalities and has been nationally recognised for its commitment to equality and inclusivity. Teaching at Middlesex focuses on doing and experience, which means students grow as individuals and stand out from their peers at home.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
5,440 international students in 2017–18
- The free International Student Orientation programme helps settle students into university life and become familiar with all aspects of studying and living in London. The highly-recommended programme includes campus tours, so that students can see their specific course facilities. Throughout the programme, students will meet other students and staff, make friends and have fun. It takes place before the September and January intakes.
- When international students arrive for the first time, Middlesex offers an airport pickup service from Heathrow airport, taking students straight to campus and their halls of residence.
English Language Requirements
The standard English language requirement for the university is below; please refer to the university website for details, including other equivalent tests accepted. The university also offers programmes to help international students achieve the required standard of English language.
- Undergraduate courses: IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in each category). Some courses may require an IELTS score of 6.5 or 7.0.
- Postgraduate courses: IELTS 6.5 overall (minimum 6.0 in each category). Some courses may require an IELTS score of 7.0.
- Pre-sessional English courses are available for students whose English is not of a standard to start a degree programme, or who wish to improve their English. Students do not need to take an IELTS course if they pass a pre-sessional course. Courses are of varying length.
- The Intensive IELTS Preparation Programme aims to help students achieve the IELTS grade required in order to start university. This programme is open to all, not just students of Middlesex University.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation is prioritised for full-time international students.
- Accommodation is provided in five self-catering halls, ranging from traditional flats with shared bathrooms to modern apartments with en-suite rooms, all situated on or near the university's campus. There is Internet access in all halls and costs include bills.
- Students' families need to book private accommodation. Middlesex provides further information about this on its StudentPad website.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- International students who are alumni of Middlesex University are eligible for an alumni discount of 20% off their master’s fees if they are not in receipt of any regional awards. Please refer to the university website for details.
- International students can get free and confidential support for personal issues, finances and academic studies from the student support team. Unihelp, the student helpdesk, is situated on the ground floor of the Sheppard Library. It brings together all face-to-face support for general student enquiries in one location. Helpdesk Advisers can provide information and support on all aspects of the university including: coursework hand-in, money and welfare services, and referral to sources of expert support. The university's dedicated International Student Advice team can also help with any questions about studying in another country, such as visa and immigration issues.
- International students looking for term-time work will get all the support they need from the university’s Unitemps team, who are familiar with visa restrictions and can advise on suitable opportunities.
- Middlesex Students' Union (MDXSU) organises a wide range of events for international students throughout the year, from club nights to careers fairs, and from employability workshops to socials.