New College of the Humanities
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
New College of the Humanities is a prestigious, university-level college based in the heart of London offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. The college welcomes the different perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds and countries can bring; international students comprise around 30% of its student body. Students benefit from highly personalised teaching, including a gold standard one-to-one tutorial system.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Provisional is awarded to institutions that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK, but which do not currently have enough data to be fully assessed. Institutions must opt in for this award. Find out more about TEF.
English Language Requirements
Students whose native language is not English will need to demonstrate proficiency in order to study at the college.
- The minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 overall (minimum of 6.5 in all components). English language qualifications must have been obtained within the previous two years.
- EU students who have taken higher level English as part of their secondary school examinations, or who have been educated entirely in English for a minimum of five years prior to application, may be exempt from these requirements.
Accommodation for International Students
- London offers a huge range of accommodation options for an even wider range of budgets. The college recommends five accommodation options spanning the breadth of this range: Helen Graham House, Mannequin House, Tufnell House, Urbanest, and Urbanest Westminster. The college recommends students live in shared accommodation during their first year to help them get into the swing of student life.
- In their second and third years, many NCH students choose to share private accommodation with fellow students. The student support team can help students find accommodation and other students to share with.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The college awards a limited number of academic merit-based scholarships worth up to £2,000 towards the annual tuition fees to students who demonstrate the highest level of academic calibre and potential. All applicants are considered for a scholarship automatically.