- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Newcastle College is located in a city known for being friendly, with low living costs and a lively social scene. A dedicated International Office offers support and a social programme to help students settle in and make friends. Vocational degrees are taught in industry-standard facilities and the college's work-ready guarantee means students graduate with the skills and knowledge to set them apart from the competition.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
- The college prides itself on the support offered to international students. In addition to a comprehensive pre-departure guide, International Office staff are available for contact via telephone or video call, if students have any questions before they arrive in the UK.
- Welcome Week gives an introduction to Newcastle College; students can choose specific sessions to meet their needs. All international students are required to attend the international induction as part of Welcome Week. Students are also invited to an international welcome meal, as well as other social events and activities.
English Language Requirements
- All degree courses require a minimum of IELTS 5.5 in IELTS; this varies by course, but the maximum requirement is IELTS 6.5. Please refer to the college website to check specific course requirements.
- The college has an English Language centre accredited by the British Council where students can study English to help them prepare for their programme, or access support while studying for their degree.
Accommodation for International Students
- The college provides advice on accommodation to all students, and can help them to find a suitable accommodation provider in Newcastle City Centre.