- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
International students can expect a warm welcome to Newcastle, including:
- Pre-arrival events in their country and online webinars to help them prepare.
- Dedicated support and visa teams which can be contacted by phone, email or social media.
- Airport Meet and Greet Service, providing free transport from Newcastle Airport to university accommodation.
- International Welcome Week with information and social events.
- Fresher's Week, with over 300 events and activities to help students explore the city and make new friends.
English Language Requirements
Most of our courses require and IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent or above, although for some courses the required score will be higher.
Accommodation for International Students
- All students are guaranteed accommodation for their first year of study, provided that they meet certain conditions. A full list of these conditions can be found on the university website.
- Both self-catered and catered accommodation is available and Internet access is provided.
- International students are placed across university accommodation and do not have to move out of their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Most accommodation sites are within 10 minutes' walk of the campus. Some are a little further out, but nothing more than a short Metro or bus journey away.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.