- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- All postgraduate students are guaranteed university or university managed partnership accommodation for the first year (terms and conditions apply).
- All postgraduate accommodation is self-catering and located on, or close to campus.
- A dedicated accommodation services team can help students to find private accommodation.
- Please refer to the university website for further details.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Funding is available to UK, EU or non-EU international students, with a variety of fully funded and partially funded scholarships and studentship opportunities.
- Funding options also include a range of tuition fee discounts, fee instalment plans, UK Research Councils and doctoral training centre funding, alongside alumni and charity awards.
- The university aims to make the search for funding as easy as possible, with a comprehensive online easy to use funding database, updated on a weekly basis. Please refer to the university website for further information.
- Most subject areas are available at postgraduate level.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
6,072 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 75%
- Part Time 25%
- UK 48%
- EU 9%
- Other 43%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Engineering & technology||390||985||1375|
|Business & administrative studies||50||910||960|
|Subjects allied to medicine||420||260||685|
|Medicine & dentistry||155||385||535|
|Mass communications & documentation||10||220||230|
|Architecture, building & planning||50||140||190|
|Agriculture & related subjects||50||95||145|
|Creative arts & design||55||80||130|
|Historical & philosophical studies||40||40||80|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.