- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
From its historical roots in 1834, Newcastle University today combines a first-class academic learning environment in the heart of one of Britain's favourite student cities. Our reputation and popularity are built on:
- The quality of our academic work.
- Our research approach,which engages with business, government departments, voluntary organisations and industry.
- A high-quality teaching and learning experience.
We are a founding member of the Russell Group, which comprises the top 24 leading research institutions in the UK.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 6,265 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 75%
- Part Time 25%
- UK 47%
- EU 8%
- Other 45%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Engineering & technology||392||984||1376|
|Business & administrative studies||48||911||959|
|Subjects allied to medicine||421||262||683|
|Medicine & dentistry||153||383||536|
|Mass communications & documentation||12||218||230|
|Architecture, building & planning||48||141||189|
|Agriculture & related subjects||48||96||144|
|Creative arts & design||54||78||132|
|Historical & philosophical studies||41||40||81|
We have a multidisciplinary subject provision covering:
- Arts and Humanities
- Business, Economics
- Finance and Management
- Social Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Agriculture and Engineering
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- We believe in providing an education for life, giving you access to skills and experiences that will be of value throughout your university career and beyond. Our postgraduates benefit from excellent study, teaching and research facilities, all underpinned by a strong student services network.
- We have a wide range of fully funded and partially funded scholarships and studentship opportunities and our comprehensive funding database is updated on a weekly basis (see details on our website).
- Our dedicated accommodation service provides a range of services, whether you are eligible for university accommodation, or need help in your search for private accommodation.
- All of our postgraduate accommodation is self-catering and located on, or close to campus.
- We believe in providing an education for life, giving you access to skills and experiences that will be of value throughout your university career and beyond.
- Our postgraduates benefit from excellent study, teaching and research facilities, all underpinned by a strong student services network.
- Our students receive comprehensive advice and support from our multi-award winning careers service and we are one of the top 20 UK universities targeted by the country’s leading graduate employers (the Graduate Market, 2012–15).
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- With students from over 110 different countries joining us each year, and the university’s strong commitment to providing an intercultural experience, there’s a great sense of diversity on campus.
- We offer a range of support services specifically for our international students, to welcome you, help you settle in and ensure you make the most of your time at Newcastle.