- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Newcastle University Business School
Why Study Here?
- Our full-time MBA programme delivers experience-based learning and develops a universal skill set that includes leadership, critical thinking and collaboration. Using traditional and real-time action learning, this programme will transform you into a business leader of tomorrow.
- This programme offers you an immersive experience that will enable you to push beyond your boundaries and focus on developing the capabilities you need to be competitive in any industry or entrepreneurial venture. You will work to improve your performance and gain business knowledge and skills that you can apply immediately to your own career management.
- Studying our full-time MBA is a challenging, yet rewarding, experience and requires significant personal commitment. We combine an intensive learning experience with business practice and a solid foundation in business and management. Through studying the foundations of core business disciplines, with an emphasis on global business, you will broaden your management perspective.
- The design and structure of the programme means that through a mixture of lectures, case studies, business simulations, workshops and consultancy, you will actively engage in our learning environment, reinforcing your business acumen and sharing your business experience.
Customise your MBA
- Choosing from a wide selection of elective modules, you will have the opportunity to customise your MBA to suit your interests, focusing on your individual career objectives.
A hands-on approach to learning
- Business in Action offers an innovative approach to management education. You will experience real-time action learning, enabling you to consolidate your skills and learning, as you apply these to real operational and strategic issues within a constrained timeframe. Sessions will take place at various points throughout your MBA journey and will be supplemented with online resources, guest speakers and visits to industry.
Explore complex business situations
- The Management Consultancy project offers you a fantastic introduction to consultancy with real clients and organisations. It provides an opportunity to take risks in a safe environment with support and guidance from colleagues and our academic team. Working in teams, you will apply your problem-solving and consulting skills to a live project. You will be briefed by the client organisation and will deliver a solution to an issue they are experiencing.
Your route to transformation
- From the outset, and throughout your MBA, the Personal and Professional Transformation module underpins every element of your development. You will work with the Module Leader and our dedicated MBA Careers Adviser to set your personal and professional development plan.
- Where possible, your employer may also contribute to your review process. This will ensure that your learning and development are relevant to your employer and your career. This module will include: skills enhancement workshops; career planning and development; personality testing; leadership development; an introduction to coaching and mentoring; and provides you with an enhanced understanding of career values and ethics drivers.
Who is the programme for?
- We are looking to recruit candidates who can demonstrate professional success, high academic calibre, and a passion for global business. We recruit candidates from all nationalities, backgrounds and organisations including: large corporate; entrepreneurs; small business; voluntary and social sector.
- For entry onto our MBA programmes you should hold a minimum upper-second-class Honours (2:1) Bachelor degree or international equivalent. We are looking for our candidates to demonstrate on their CV a minimum of three years relevant postgraduate work experience with some managerial responsibilities. This could include management of budgets, products, projects or people.
- Newcastle University Business School is a triple-accredited business school, with accreditations under the EQUIS scheme, the AMBA and AACSB: just 1% of business schools worldwide hold triple accreditation.
- The MBA programme will build a core skill set and understanding across the range of management and business disciplines; then focuses on the key challenges of modern business through 3 electives. These include: operations and supply chain management, project and programme management, international marketing, leading organisational change, digital business, and emerging economies − challenges and opportunities.
- Balancing traditional study with real-time action learning, the MBA gives students a hands-on approach to learning and includes guest speakers, competitions and industry visits. Immersive business experiences includes a Hackathon and Leadership Series, and the Management Consultancy Project and Individual Projects are sourced across a variety of organisations and industries to give students exposure at a regional, national, or international scale. There is also an optional international study tour.
- 10 MBA scholarships of £6,000−10,000 are available towards tuition fees.
- 1 year.
Number of Places
- UK/EU/international student fees £21,000 (2016–17).
Availability of scholarships and bursaries
- MBA Business Excellence Scholarships are available to outstanding students entering the full-time MBA programme in September 2016. Scholarship awards of £6,000 and £10,000 will be awarded to high achieving students to contribute towards the cost of tuition fees.
- All Newcastle University alumni are offered a 20% discount on fees.
The following are the typical annual course fees for MBA students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Address||Newcastle University Business School|
5 Barrack Road
Newcastle upon Tyne