- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Newman's postgraduate portfolio combines academic excellence with a professional focus. Courses are designed to fit in with professional life, and to complement and build upon existing knowledge and experience. Students will study and research contemporary developments in their chosen field, with the support of academic staff who have extensive experience and have published widely in their area.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
530 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 48%
- Part Time 52%
- UK 95%
- EU 2%
- Other 3%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Theology & Religious Studies||0||30||30|
|Business & Management Studies||0||20||20|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
* figures are from 2017–18.