University of Northampton
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- 4.07 / 5.00
- 2.09 / 4.00
- 0.25 / 1.00
- 53.8 / 100.0
- 69.4 / 100.0
- 83.4 / 100.0
The University of Northampton does things a little differently. The university is set in the heart of England, in Northamptonshire – just an hour outside London and Birmingham – and is moving to a brand new campus in 2018. The university is dedicated to supporting student experience, employability and helping grow individuals who are empowered to bring about social change.
- The university seeks to widen participation and is happy to hear from students taking traditional and 'non-traditional' routes into higher education.
- Grade requirements will vary by course and in some cases courses may have specific requirements. Please refer to the university website for further details.
- Combining different teaching and learning activities, with face-to-face, online and offsite learning. This approach to learning is similar to the world of work beyond graduation, and students enjoy excellent employment opportunities and work experience placements.
- Changemaker facilities are on hand from day one to help students gain experience and offer support for any initiatives, to help develop entrepreneurial skills and understand social values.
Type of Qualification:
- Courses include a range of study options and combinations, including full-time and part-time undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, joint honours, HNDs, foundation degrees, 2-year fast track degree and top-up degree options.
- Programmes offer opportunities to gain work experience, including 1-year full-time work placements or a shorter placement of individual work-based learning modules. Please refer to the university website for further details.
Student Services and Facilities
- The library facilities at the university are open until midnight during the week, and provide laptops to borrow.
- The learning development team offer face-to-face support, while the student hub provides online help; and a student help desk provides answers for any university based questions.
- Other support includes counsellors and mental health advisors, who provide confidential support; and student finance experts who can advise on funding and bursaries, as well as helping students budget their money.
- The university also has a multi-faith chaplaincy team from a number of faith traditions who work for the benefit of all students regardless of their belief, sexuality or gender; students are welcome to drop by and see them at any time to talk, meet with others, pray or simply enjoy some quiet time.
- The ASSIST Team is committed to ensuring students with disability-related needs can achieve their full potential.
- It offers a diverse range of support including: accessing Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA), providing dyslexia screening tests, arranging extra time in exams, priority accommodation arrangements and 1-to-1 specialist study skills support.
- The Student's Union is completely independent of the university, and all students are members with access to the union's services and events.
- There are a large number of societies ranging from fan clubs to hobby based enjoyment, with a Doctor Who and Harry Potter appreciation society, and the Cake Society, for students with a passion for baking (and eating) cake. There is also NU Radio, the student radio station.
- In 2014 Northampton became the first students' union to offer free sports and societies, with over 40 sports clubs to choose from ranging from boxing to badminton. Students don't have to pay to join, or for their sports kit or any trips they go on with them.
Availability of Part-Time Work
The on-site Unitemps service can help students get into part-time work while they study or full-time work when they graduate.
- For 5 years running, 95% of University of Northampton students have gone into work or further study within 6 months of graduation.
- To ensure students gain employable skills, the university gives students practical experience in the industry in which they wish to work, as well as providing them with useful contacts, including course lecturers with their knowledge of industry.
- Employment support is offered to both current students and graduates, as well as advice and guidance to students who want to start up their own business.
12,984 students in 2015–16:
Level of study
- Undergraduate 82%
- Postgraduate 18%
Mode of study
- Full Time 74%
- Part Time 26%
Where students come from
- UK 89%
- EU 3%
- Other 9%
- Male 37%
- Female 63%
- With a history dating back to the 13th century, when a university was first briefly established in Northampton.
- The modern facility was a blend of Northampton's colleges of art, technology and education, becoming Nene College of Higher Education in 1975.
- In 1999 this became University College Northampton, then gaining full university status and the power to award research degrees in 2005, as the University of Northampton.
- All our graduates are wonderful and a few have made a huge impact in their chosen field.
- From High Court Judges to hugely successful fashion bloggers, these individuals have taken their degree skills forward in a wonderful way and we couldn't be prouder.
|Address||University of Northampton
Boughton Green Road