University of Northampton
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Northampton welcomes more than 1,000 international students from over 100 countries each year, so new international students can be sure that they'll fit in and feel at home. Studying at Northampton will help students create new friendships and contacts, as well as improve their English and communication skills. The university's teaching is outstanding, its resources are excellent, and the supportive learning environment helps students to fulfil their potential.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,960 international students in 2017–18
- To help international students settle in, the university can arrange to meet them at Heathrow Airport.
- In the week before courses start, students can join the International Orientation Programme, with sessions giving advice and guidance on daily life, such as opening a bank account or registering with a doctor, and a social programme to get to know other students and the surrounding area.
English Language Requirements
All international and EU students applying for a course must meet the following minimum English language requirements:
- For study at undergraduate level: IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent).
- For study at postgraduate level: IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent).
- For study at postgraduate research (PGR) level: IELTS 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each band (or equivalent).
- However if students do not meet these requirements, the university offers pre-sessional academic English (PEP) language courses; or foundation and pre-master’s provision provided through its associate college, University of Northampton International College (UNIC).
Accommodation for International Students
- Please refer to the Living Here section of this profile for information about student accommodation.