University of Northampton
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,880 international students in 2016–17
- To help international students settle in, the university can arrange to meet them at Heathrow Airport.
- In the week before courses start, students can join the International Orientation Programme, with sessions giving advice and guidance on daily life, such as opening a bank account or registering with a doctor, and a social programme to get to know other students and the surrounding area.
English Language Requirements
All International and EU students applying for a course must meet the following minimum English language requirements:
- For study at undergraduate level – IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent).
- For study at postgraduate level – IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent).
- For study at postgraduate research (PGR) level – IELTS 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each band (or equivalent).
- However if students do not meet these requirements, the university offers pre-sessional academic English (PEP) language courses and an International Foundation programme.
Accommodation for International Students
- Please refer to the Living Here section of this profile for information about student accommodation.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.