University of Northampton
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Priority for university accommodation is given to first year students.
- The university offers a range of accommodation types to suit different preferences and budgets. On-campus, the new Student Village is home to around 1,000 students, in a mix of halls of residence style flats, and townhouses with landscaped courtyards. Off-campus the St John's halls of residence are a short walk away from Waterside campus and have both shared and private accommodation options.
- The Residential Life team support students throughout their time in halls of residence. Students can talk to the Residential Life team about any problems they may have in confidence: from homesickness to noisy neighbours.
|Self-Catered||from £3,360 to £6,636 per year|
- City Population: 212,100
- Student Population: 14,035
- Northampton is the main town of Northamptonshire; a traditional market town it offers plenty of opportunities to shop – with retail parks and shopping villages that include independent shops as well as high-street brands. There are also plenty of bars, pubs, and clubs all around the town, and Northampton nightlife has been regularly praised in reviews.
- Waterside campus is a short walk from the town centre.
Culture and Nightlife
- Northampton has a vibrant nightlife, with many bars, clubs, restaurants, and cinemas to choose from. The Roadmender is on the national live music circuit and also holds student nights, while the Students' Union boasts its very own town centre venue, The Platform, opened in 2018.
- The town has a diverse arts and culture scene including a number of theatres, galleries, museums, and concert venues.
- Spectator sports include Northampton Saints Rugby Club, one of the top premiership clubs in the country; Northampton Town Football Club; and Northamptonshire County Cricket Club. The Silverstone Circuit, current home of the British Grand Prix, is a few miles south.
- For those who like to get active, there are equestrian and country activities, leisure centres and several water sports centres, including the Nene Whitewater Centre which provides an artificial white water course for canoes, kayaks and rafts.
- Northampton is centrally located, within easy travelling distance of London, Birmingham and other major centres.
- The town is served by five international airports and has excellent road and rail links to all parts of the UK and Europe.