The University of Northampton
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Postgraduate study is extremely rewarding, challenging and intellectually stimulating and we have a wide range of courses to suit everyone across many subject areas.
- Many of our courses carry professional accreditation and are available for study as full-time, part-time or distance learning options giving you more flexibility to take a course that suits your lifestyle.
- Studying a Masters programme at the University of Northampton is an investment in your future; our aim is to allow you to develop your expertise in an area that interests you while gaining skills and knowledge that will improve your career prospects.
- We offer affordable payment options and can advise on available funding; a variety of scholarships are on offer each year to make further study that little bit easier.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
- You might choose to study on campus, complete your work via distance learning, opt for full-time study or prefer to attend part-time classes. However you choose to spend your time with us, we will offer a continued support so you can plan your study at a pace to suit you.
- In addition, our virtual e-learning environment will equip you with 24/7 access to research materials enabling you to study at your convenience.
The 2,340 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 27%
- Part Time 73%
- UK 78%
- EU 3%
- Other 19%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||25||734||759|
|Subjects allied to medicine||44||248||292|
|Creative arts & design||15||21||36|
|Engineering & technology||11||18||29|
|Historical & philosophical studies||7||10||17|
|Agriculture & related subjects||6||0||6|
|Mass communications & documentation||2||0||2|
- Science and Technology
- Social Sciences
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Northampton offers a range of scholarships and bursaries which assist students financially.
- Our aim is to ensure that ambitious, creative and academically gifted students who wish to broaden their opportunities through university education are not limited by their financial circumstances or backgrounds.
- For full details on the scholarships available along with eligibility criteria please visit our website.
- Our Halls of Residence offer a variety of different room types that cater for different preferences and are designed to suit all budgets.
- The majority of our rooms are en-suite and are all good quality, secure and affordable.
- All rooms are offered on a self-catering basis with heating, lighting and water included in the rent.
- Your safety is paramount. The University operate a 24-hour security policy, with round-the-clock on-campus security cover and strategically placed CCTV cameras.
- Our Residential Life Team, made up of existing students and staff, provides pastoral support and guidance.
- Prices for 2015–16 range from £61.50 per week for a small, standard twin room, to £133 per week for a single en-suite room with internet and network access. Prices are inclusive of utility bills, a cleaning service and block insurance.
- Private Accommodation is another option and the university's Accommodation Services Team will assist you in finding private accommodation that has been accredited for appropriate level of amenity and safety.
- The University Centre for Employability and Engagement (UCEE) offers a unique employability service to all students and graduates. Building upon the University's commitment to social impact and innovation, the Centre works with students to develop the professional and personal skills needed to enter the workplace at a graduate level or to progress into further studies.
- Employability Plus is unique to the university of Northampton and provides the opportunity to gain more than just a good degree, it incentivises, rewards and recognises your investment in the activities you take part in outside of your degree programme, supporting you to 'Give More, Get More, Be More' by providing work opportunities, volunteering and social action experiences, development opportunities and employability support. Enabling you to gain experience that will make you stand out from the rest, while providing the opportunity to develop essential skills for your career.
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- Students can access the learning tools and information they need for a successful student experience via the online student hub, which allows students to view learning resources via our Skills Hub, read course handbooks and documents, access support and services, submit assignments through NILE (Northampton Integrated Learning Environment), and keep up to date with news and events.
- Access across a range of platforms, including high-quality collections of books, journals, multimedia and internally generated resources such as research output.
- Flexible, varied and supportive learning services, including libraries at both Park and Avenue campuses and online environments, open to members of the university and the wider community.
- A range of timely and accessible learning support delivered online and face-to-face, embedded within courses or as personalised help.
- A contribution to the academic output of the university through research and professional engagement and to the university's wider role through its involvement in local, national and international communities of practice.
- Dedicated, specialist staff offering tailored support.
- State-of-the-art Student Centre with one-stop shop information.
- Two restaurants and a medical centre.
- Onsite shop to buy emergency groceries or supplies.
- Onsite Gym on Park Campus, providing a professional, convenient service to staff and students, with modern cardiovascular and resistance equipment.
- All students are able to download and use Microsoft Office 365 for free which includes the entire Office Suite as well as 1TB of online storage.
- Free wi-fi across both campuses using a secure Student ID and password.
- The university's Centre for Achievement and Performance (CfAP) is a resource for all students, offering free guidance and and tuition on any academic skill including essay writing, dissertations, critical analysis, presentation skills or maths and statistics.