- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Northumbria University is chosen by students from across the world for many reasons: the university's academic excellence, an impressive record on employability, and the experience of living and studying in one of the UK's best student cities.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
3,465 international students in 2017–18
- The Welcome to Northumbria portal for new students includes information on arrival, moving in, student support, the Students' Union and Northumbria Sport.
- A free meet and greet service is provided; international students arriving at Newcastle International Airport are welcomed by Northumbria staff and students, before heading to their accommodation to settle in.
- An International Welcome Event is hosted by the Pro Vice-Chancellor International and the Director of International Development. Students can find out about the city of Newcastle and the university, with information stands and advice on accommodation, well-being, finance and careers.
- A tea party held by the Students' Union helps students meet new friends, along with other activities during Freshers' Week.
English Language Requirements
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation is guaranteed for all first year students regardless of whether they are from the UK, EU or overseas.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Scholarships for international undergraduate and postgraduate students are automatically awarded. Sport scholarships are awarded based on application and achievement.
- An Alumni discount is automatically awarded for most courses for postgraduate students.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships for refugees are available, with applications assessed individually.
- Once at the university, students benefit from access to an award-winning Student Support and Well-being service, housed within the Student Central building.