- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Northumbria University guarantees accommodation for all first year students, including those coming to Northumbria for a foundation year or joining their course through Clearing and Adjustment. In most cases, students choose their exact room, flat and residence online, based on real-time availability.
- All residences are within walking distance of City campus and Newcastle city centre, with some as close as two minutes' walk from the university. Accommodation is also located near the Metro for easy access to Coach Lane campus, which can also be accessed via a free bus service.
|Catered||from £0 to £0 per week|
|Self-Catered||from £4,356 to £7,138 per week|
- Newcastle is a buzzing and diverse city, with one of only five Chinatowns in England and host to the Great North Run, which brings nearly 60,000 runners and an annual festival of sport and culture to the city.
- The university is located close to both the North East coastline and the Northumberland countryside, giving students access to some of the best outdoor environments in the UK.
- In 2018, Rough Guide named Newcastle as the best place in the world to visit.
Culture and Nightlife
- Surveys regularly rate Newcastle as one of the best cities for students in the UK. The city offers a diverse nightlife, from the thriving Jesmond and quirky Ouseburn areas, through to the renowned Bigg Market, Quayside and Diamond Strip.
- A host of cultural attractions includes the BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, the Sage Gateshead music centre, Live Theatre and the Theatre Royal.
- Shops in the city feature one of the UK's largest city centre shopping complexes, Eldon Square, plus the Metrocentre in Gateshead; and there are a range of boutiques and quirky markets.
- Those who enjoy sport can watch Newcastle United football team at St James’ Park, the Falcons rugby team at Kingston Park and the Eagles basketball team who play at Northumbria's own Sport Central arena.
- Northumbria University is based in the heart of Newcastle city centre, close to excellent transport links and just a few minutes walk from the main shopping, cultural and nightlife areas.
- Four metro stations are located just minutes' from the city campus.
- Main line trains run to cities such as Edinburgh, York and London.
- Newcastle Airport offers domestic and international flights to locations including Dubai, Amsterdam, Paris and New York.