- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Northumbria University guarantees accommodation for all first year students, including those coming to Northumbria for a foundation year or joining their course through Clearing and Adjustment. In most cases, students choose their exact room, flat and residence online, based on real-time availability.
- All residences are within walking distance of City Campus and Newcastle city centre, with some as close as two minutes' walk from the university. Accommodation is also located near the Metro for easy access to Coach Lane campus, which can also be accessed via a free bus service.
|Catered||from £116 to £118 per week|
|Self-Catered||from £74 to £133 per week|
The costs above are for the academic year 2019/20
- Newcastle upon Tyne is regularly hailed as one of the best cities for student life. It's partly due to the city's compactness, which makes it large enough to be vibrant and exciting, while small enough to feel like home. It's also due to the sheer number of students: one in every six people in the city is a student.
- The stunning Northumberland coast and countryside, the seaside towns of Tynemouth and Whitley Bay, and the UNESCO World Hertitage Site of Durham are all right on Northumbria's doorstep.
Nightlife and Culture
- Surveys regularly rate Newcastle as one of the best cities for students in the UK. A host of cultural attractions includes the BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, the Sage Gateshead music centre, Live Theatre and the Theatre Royal.
- The city offers a diverse nightlife catering for all tastes, from the thriving Jesmond scene, through to the independent Ouseburn area, and the party bars of the Bigg Market, Quayside and Diamond Strip.
- Newcastle boasts one of the UK's largest city centre shopping complexes, Eldon Square, and just a few miles away is the huge Metrocentre in Gateshead. There are also are a range of boutiques and quirky markets.
- Those who enjoy sport can watch football with Newcastle United, rugby with Newcastle Falcons and basketball with Newcastle Eagles, amongst others.
- Northumbria University is based in the heart of Newcastle city centre, close to excellent transport links and just a few minutes walk from the main shopping, cultural and nightlife areas.
- Four metro stations are located just minutes' from the City Campus.
- Main line trains run to cities such as Edinburgh, York and London.
- Newcastle Airport offers domestic and international flights to locations including Dubai, Amsterdam, Paris and New York.