- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Northumbria University offers highly-rated accommodation. Over 5000 rooms provide a range of options to suit all tastes and budgets including catered, non-catered, en-suite and standard.
- The City campus is only a 5 minute walk from the heart of Newcastle city centre, while the Coach Lane campus – home to education, nursing and social work students – is a 15-minute bus journey.
- Students can book accommodation online within 10 minutes, selecting the exact room, floor and residence based on real-time availability and flat occupancy. Rent includes high speed Internet, utility bills and contents insurance.
- Please refer to the university website, accommodation pages, for further details.
|Number of university/college beds||3,465|
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£4,214–£5,342|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£3,700–£4,600|
- Newcastle is a buzzing and diverse city, with one of only 5 Chinatowns in England and host to The Great North Run bringing nearly 60,000 runners and an annual festival of sport and culture to the city.
- Outside of the city, the North East coastline boasts some of the best surfing beaches in the north of the UK. Inland, Kielder Water and Forest Park is a playground for mountain biking, horse riding and water sports by day, or by night star gazing at Kielder Observatory; or you can walk along well-preserved sections of Hadrian’s Wall and visit the castles that protected it.
- Nearby are historic towns and cities such as Durham, Hexham and Alnwick with architectural gems, quirky shops and a thriving café culture.
- The Metro system provides quick and easy travel around the region, taking in the coast, Sunderland and the airport.
- Mainline trains run from Newcastle's historic Central Station to cities such as York, Leeds and London.
- The airport has flights to domestic and international locations, from Aberdeen to Bristol, and Prague to New York.
Culture and Nightlife
- Newcastle has been voted best student city 5 times in the last 8 years in a number of surveys.
- The BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art was the first non-Tate venue outside of London to host the Turner Prize.
- Shops include one of the UK’s largest city centre shopping complexes, Eldon Square, plus the Metrocentre in Gateshead; and there are a range of boutiques and quirky markets.
- The city’s sporting culture includes Newcastle United football team at St James’ Park, Newcastle Falcons rugby team at Kingston Park and the Eagles basketball team at Sport Central.