- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Northumbria University courses are shaped by world-leading research and created in consultation with students, employers and professional organisations. Students learn to question, analyse, challenge, innovate and make an impact. University academics, partners and students work together to tackle tomorrow's challenges head on, preparing them for the future and whatever it may hold.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
5,230 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 54%
- Part Time 46%
- UK 72%
- EU 4%
- Other 23%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||75||890||960|
|Art & Design||65||205||270|
|Librarianship & Information Management||15||75||90|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||30||55||85|
|Communication & Media Studies||15||55||70|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||50||50|
|Geography & Environmental Science||10||30||40|
|Accounting & Finance||10||15||25|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||15||20|
|Anatomy & Physiology||5||0||5|
|Physics & Astronomy||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
The university can accommodate all students joining Northumbria for a postgraduate course.