- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Northumbria University courses are shaped by world-leading research and created in consultation with employers, professional organisations and students. Postgraduates learn to question, analyse, challenge, innovate and make an impact. Northumbria's academics, partners and students work together to tackle tomorrow's challenges head on, preparing them for the future and whatever it may hold.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
5,496 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 58%
- Part Time 42%
- UK 70%
- EU 4%
- Other 26%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||80||1080||1160|
|Art & Design||60||200||260|
|Librarianship & Information Management||20||65||85|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||65||65|
|Geography & Environmental Science||15||40||60|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||40||50|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||10||35||45|
|Accounting & Finance||5||25||30|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||15||15|
|Physics & Astronomy||10||0||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Specific scholarships for Home/UK and EU postgraduate students are available on a range of courses. These vary, with some being application based.
- Alumni discount is automatically awarded for postgraduate students on most courses.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Northumbria guarantees accommodation for all first year postgraduate students and can also offer rooms for students in all other years via partner accommodation providers.