- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is a popular institution, with over 30,000 students studying across four unique campuses. It's in the top 20 UK universities for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2020) and has Gold-rated teaching (TEF 2017).
UCAS Code: N91
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 79%
- Postgraduate 21%
Mode of study
- Full Time 87%
- Part Time 13%
Where students come from
- UK 87%
- EU 3%
- Other 11%
- Male 44%
- Female 56%
Student Services and Facilities
Libraries and Information Services
- NTU's award-winning libraries are open 24/7 on the City, Clifton and Brackenhurst campuses, providing access to hundreds of thousands of books and e-books, extensive IT facilities, and study environments that suit both group and individual needs.
- The university provides thousands of PCs across all campuses, giving access to Microsoft Office 365, free high-speed wireless Internet, and on-demand printing.
- The Nottingham Trent University Online Workspace (NOW) allows students to access university learning resources from anywhere in the world.
- Over 150 NTU students work in local schools and colleges each year as part of the Students in Classrooms initiative.
- As a busy and thriving city, Nottingham has many part-time jobs ideal for students. The Employability team's JobShop helps students find suitable work, with vacancies across sectors including hospitality, customer service, events, care, retail, administration, IT, health, sports, and design and web services.
- All courses, across every subject area, offer a vocational work experience opportunity.
- The NTU Employability team understands exactly what employers expect from graduates; it has strong links with a large network of regional, national and international businesses and organisations, all looking to recruit NTU students.
- Since 2001, The Hive – NTU's specialist centre for business enterprise and entrepreneurship – has helped over 450 people found start-up companies. More than 63% of those businesses are still trading today, and several have won regional and national awards.
- There are medical practices based at both the City and Clifton campuses, at which students from all campuses can register. Please refer to the student services section of the university website for details.
Counselling and Mental Health Support
- The university's Student Support Services provide the advice and practical help needed to make the most of life at university. Please refer to the student services section of the university website for details.
- NTU's services and facilities create an inclusive learning environment that aims to help students integrate, feel at home, and prepare for life and work beyond university.
- Students are encouraged to get in touch about their physical or sensory disability, specific learning difference, autism spectrum condition or long-term health condition, and NTU will make the right arrangements and provide appropriate advice.
- The university runs regular weekly drop-in sessions for students who want further advice and support; please refer to the student services section of the university website for details.
- The modern and inspiring Nottingham Trent Students' Union (NTSU) building features a 2,400-capacity venue with £1 million of sound and lighting equipment, three bars, a 100-station fitness suite, a climbing wall, and a sports hall built to Sport England standards.
- There are over 160 clubs and societies to get involved with, from rock music to knitting, and from juggling to accountancy.
- NTSU also has its own radio station and online magazine.
- Nottingham Trent University traces its roots back to the founding of the Nottingham Government School of Design in 1843.
- NTU's current incarnation was launched in 1992, and in 2008 was named the top post-1992 university by The Complete University Guide.
- The university has invested more than £450 million in its campuses since 2003, resulting in an impressive range of facilities and one of the best Students' Union complexes in the UK.
- Nottingham Trent University's 'falconcam' streams live video from the nest of Mrs P and Archie – a breeding pair of peregrine falcons. They return to the university year after year to rear their chicks, high up on the side of the Newton building.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Nick Beighton – chief executive officer of ASOS plc.
- Sam Fell – Oscar and BAFTA-nominated director of animated films, including Flushed Away, ParaNorman and the 2016 Sainsbury's Christmas advert.
- Paul Kaye – star of Game of Thrones.
- Hannah MacLeod MBE and Crista Cullen MBE – members of Team GB's Olympic gold medal-winning hockey team.
- Simon Starling – Turner Prize-winning artist.
- Jack Saunders – BBC Radio 1 presenter.
- Elizabeth Carr – environmental campaigner for #PlasticPatrol and recipient of NTU's 2018 award for Outstanding Alumni.
- Varun Dhawan – Bollywood actor.
- David Lewis – chief executive of Tesco.
Nottingham Trent University, 50 Shakespeare Street, Nottingham, NG1 4FQ