- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) has a large international community of around 4,000 students from more than 135 countries, and over 18,000 international alumni. There are Global Lounges on NTU's City and Clifton campuses, open to all students and staff and dedicated to promoting internationalism, diversity and cultural awareness. A range of prestigious and competitive scholarships are available, worth from £2,000 up to the full value of the tuition fee.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
3,920 international students in 2017–18
- A free airport pickup service from London Heathrow Airport is available in September and January, and a taxi pickup service for international students is also available for a charge negotiated with a local taxi company.
- Welcome Week includes over 500 events and activities before courses start – a great chance for arriving students to make new friends and settle in.
- Please refer to the university website for further details and advice on what students need to do before they arrive, arriving in the UK, and travelling to Nottingham.
English Language Requirements
Please refer to the university website for specific English language requirements. As a general guide, the following are required for undergraduate courses:
- GSCE grade C / 4.
- IELTS 6.5.
- TOEFL iBT 83.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students can book a room in university-allocated accommodation after they accept an offer to study at NTU and pay their booking fee by the specified deadline.
- Students in university-allocated accommodation are supported throughout the year by wardens and residence assistants.
- Nottingham has a wide range of accommodation to suit different preferences and budgets. Flexible short-term accommodation is available, and students can stay with a host family through the Homestay programme.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- NTU offers a range of scholarships for international students holding offers to study at the university.
- These include undergraduate, postgraduate and country-specific scholarships, and funding for student athletes from a range of sports.
- Please refer to the fees and funding pages on the university website for details.
- NTU's international student support service offers advice and guidance on any issue, no matter how big or small – including visa applications and the regulations for working in the UK.
- International students can get help with English language study skills from the university's specialist language centre – sessions are free of charge to fee-paying international students. Study support is available from NTU's library, learning and teaching teams.
- NTU's multifaith Chaplaincy Office provides facilities for students to discover, explore and practise their faiths across all campuses.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.