Nottingham Trent University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- NTU provides a free pickup service from Heathrow airport for international students.
- The university also offers a taxi pickup service at a charge negotiated with a local taxi company.
- Welcome Week includes over 500 events and activities before courses start, and is a great chance for arriving students to make new friends and get settled in.
- A guide to arriving in the UK can be downloaded if students need more advice or information on travelling to Nottingham.
- The university website has a Starting at NTU section with detailed advice on what students might need to do before they arrive.
English Language Requirements
- Please refer to the NTU website for all English language requirements.
- As a general guide, NTU requires a GSCE grade C, IELTS 6.5 or iBT TOEFL 83 for the majority of undergraduate courses.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students will be offered a room in university accommodation if they accept an offer to study at NTU and pay their booking fee by 31 July.
- International students are spread evenly across the many types of accommodation NTU has available.
- NTU’s new student accommodation is among the finest in the UK, and students will be supported by Wardens and Residence Assistants throughout the year.
- Flexible short-term accommodation is available through the Homestay programme, placing students in their own room with a host family.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.