Nottingham Trent University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- NTU provides a free pickup service from Heathrow airport for international students.
- The university also offers a taxi pickup service at a charge negotiated with a local taxi company.
- Welcome Week includes over 500 events and activities before courses start, and is a great chance for arriving students to make new friends and get settled in.
- A guide to arriving in the UK can be downloaded if students need more advice or information on travelling to Nottingham.
- The university website has a Starting at NTU section with detailed advice on what students might need to do before they arrive.
English Language Requirements
- Please refer to the NTU website for all English language requirements.
- As a general guide, NTU requires a GSCE grade C, IELTS 6.5 or iBT TOEFL 83 for the majority of undergraduate courses.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students will be offered a room in university accommodation if they accept an offer to study at NTU and pay their booking fee by 31 July.
- International students are spread evenly across the many types of accommodation NTU has available.
- NTU’s new student accommodation is among the finest in the UK, and students will be supported by Wardens and Residence Assistants throughout the year.
- Flexible short-term accommodation is available through the Homestay programme, placing students in their own room with a host family.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.