Nottingham Trent University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Nottingham Trent University is one of the biggest and most popular universities in the UK, offering a number of benefits for our postgraduate students.
- We are flexible – As well as full time courses, we have distance learning, block-release and part-time study options to enable you to combine further study with work or family commitments.
- Strong links with companies worldwide – This keeps our courses cutting edge in a rapidly changing world.
- Expert teaching – Academic supervisors, tutors and lecturers are leading practitioners in their fields and engaged in consultancy and global research.
- Plenty to get involved with – We have around 70 societies for you to get involved in, including: volunteering, music and sports, which are a great way to enhance your student experience.
- Guaranteed accommodation – We offer a fantastic range of accommodation on all three of our campuses.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
We offer nearly 200 taught courses and have a variety of research degree options across our nine academic schools:
- NTU Doctoral School (research degrees)
- Nottingham Business School
- Nottingham Law School
- Nottingham Institute of Education
- School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences
- School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
- School of Art & Design
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Science and Technology
- School of Social Sciences
The 5,030 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 44%
- Part Time 56%
- UK 63%
- EU 8%
- Other 29%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||159||1129||1288|
|Architecture, building & planning||58||219||277|
|Creative arts & design||32||210||242|
|Historical & philosophical studies||82||42||124|
|Engineering & technology||0||103||103|
|Mass communications & documentation||0||74||74|
|Agriculture & related subjects||14||34||48|
|Subjects allied to medicine||0||16||16|
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
We offer a number of funding opportunities for our Postgraduate students, including:
- Up to half fee scholarships – These have helped hundreds of students to study at NTU and achieve their ambitions. Scholarships are awarded to those students who can demonstrate excellent achievement, passion and dedication to their studies.
- Already studied at NTU? – We offer a 25% postgraduate discount to current NTU students and NTU alumni who have graduated since 1 June 2012.
- Musical or Athletic? – We have a number of music and sports scholarships for talented students.
Have a look at our website to find out more about the funding opportunities available for Postgraduate students at NTU.
We understand that a postgraduate, mature or international student’s needs are different, so we offer a range of accommodation options for our postgraduate students:
- Dedicated flats for postgraduate and mature students;
- Studio flats including kitchen facilities;
- Private sector lettings and advice; and
- Flexible Homestay accommodation.
Visit our website to have a look at the postgraduate accommodation we have available.
NTU’s Employability Team offer personalised and specialist careers advice, with a dedicated careers consultant for each school and a specialist consultant for postgraduate research students, there is great support for you throughout your time at NTU.
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
We offer a wide range of facilities and resources to help our students in their studies. With three libraries in each of our campuses offering a wide range of resources, IT facilities, and group or individual study spaces.
There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in activities ranging from sports clubs and societies to volunteering.
An excellent standard of support is offered to all our students including financial advice, counselling, faith support, careers advice and help with accommodation.