Nottingham Trent University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Many of NTU’s residences have flats dedicated to postgraduate and mature students.
- Self-contained studio flats are available, with their own kitchens and sitting areas as well as the usual bed, desk and storage.
- The university works closely with private sector landlords to offer an alternative to halls for students with families or who require more flexible contracts.
- Trent Lets is NTU’s own letting agency, offering both accommodation and advice.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a number of funding opportunities for postgraduate students.
- NTU postgraduate scholarships are awarded to students demonstrating excellent achievement, passion, and dedication to their studies. They can be worth up to half the value of the tuition fee.
- There is a 25% postgraduate discount for current NTU students and NTU alumni who have graduated since 1 June 2012.
- There are also a number of music and sports scholarships for talented students.
- Please refer to the fees and funding pages of the university website for details of opportunities available to postgraduate students at NTU.
- Postgraduate research courses are available in all of NTU’s Academic Schools.
- Postgraduates can study for an MPhil or PhD, as well as other research degrees including the DBA and Professional Doctorates.
- 55% of the university’s research was rated as "world-leading" or "internationally excellent" in the 2014 Research Excellent Framework (REF).
- Postgraduates can apply for an NTU research studentship, which are awarded competitively each year. See the research pages of the university website to discover more about the activities of the NTU Doctoral School.
- NTU’s world-class research has earned the University a Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education – the highest national honour for a UK university. Pioneering research to combat food fraud, enable safer production of powdered infant formula, and improve the detection of weapons and explosives in luggage led to the prestigious award.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
5,080 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 44%
- Part Time 56%
- UK 64%
- EU 6%
- Other 30%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||160||1130||1290|
|Architecture, building & planning||60||220||275|
|Creative arts & design||30||210||240|
|Historical & philosophical studies||80||40||125|
|Engineering & technology||0||105||105|
|Mass communications & documentation||0||75||75|
|Agriculture & related subjects||15||35||50|
|Subjects allied to medicine||0||15||15|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.