Nottingham Trent University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) offers nearly 200 taught postgraduate courses, with a variety of research degree options across all academic schools, and careers consultants for each school as well as one for postgraduate research students. 90% of research activity achieved world-leading, internationally excellent or internationally recognised status in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014).
Postgraduate Student Statistics
5,775 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 50%
- Part Time 50%
- UK 65%
- EU 7%
- Other 28%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||145||835||975|
|Art & Design||30||240||270|
|Accounting & Finance||0||185||185|
|Agriculture & Forestry||20||105||120|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||95||95|
|Land & Property Management||5||80||80|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||35||35|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||30||30|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||25||25|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||20||20|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||20||20|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||10||10|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||10||10|
|Physics & Astronomy||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- NTU postgraduate scholarships: worth up to half the value of the tuition fee, awarded to students demonstrating excellent achievement, passion, and dedication to their studies.
- Alumni discount: a 25% discount for current NTU students and NTU alumni who have graduated since 1 June 2013.
- Funded studentships for postgraduate research students, applications for these open in the autumn.
- Music and sports scholarships, for talented students.
- Please refer to university website, fees and funding pages, for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Many of NTU's residences have flats dedicated to postgraduate and mature students.
- Self-contained studio flats are available, with their own kitchens and sitting areas as well as the usual bed, desk and storage.
- The university works closely with private sector landlords to offer an alternative to halls for students with families or who require more flexible contracts.
- Trent Lets is NTU's own letting agency, offering both accommodation and advice.