Nottingham Trent University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Many residences have flats dedicated to postgraduate and mature students. Self-contained studio flats are available, with their own kitchens and sitting areas.
- The university works closely with private sector landlords to offer an alternative to halls for students with families or who require more flexible contracts.
- Trent Lets is NTU’s own letting agency, offering both accommodation and advice.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
NTU offers a number of funding opportunities for postgraduate students.
- NTU postgraduate scholarships are awarded to students demonstrating excellent achievement, passion, and dedication to their studies. They can be worth up to half the value of the tuition fee.
- If students have previously studied at NTU, there is a 25% postgraduate discount to current NTU students and to NTU alumni who have graduated since 1 June 2012.
- There are also a number of music and sports scholarships for talented students.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- Postgraduate research courses are available in all academic schools at levels including MPhil, PhD, DBA and Professional Doctorates.
- NTU’s world-class research has earned the University a Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education – the highest national honour for a UK university. Pioneering research to combat food fraud, enable safer production of powdered infant formula, and improve the detection of weapons and explosives in luggage led to the prestigious award.
- 55% of the university's research was rated as 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' in the 2014 Research Excellent Framework (REF).
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
5,080 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 44%
- Part Time 56%
- UK 64%
- EU 6%
- Other 30%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||160||1130||1290|
|Architecture, building & planning||60||220||275|
|Creative arts & design||30||210||240|
|Historical & philosophical studies||80||40||125|
|Engineering & technology||0||105||105|
|Mass communications & documentation||0||75||75|
|Agriculture & related subjects||15||35||50|
|Subjects allied to medicine||0||15||15|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.