- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) offers nearly 200 taught postgraduate courses, with a variety of research degree options across all its academic schools. There are careers consultants for each academic school, and one specifically for postgraduate research students.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
6,371 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 51%
- Part Time 49%
- UK 67%
- EU 5%
- Other 29%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||160||890||1050|
|Art & Design||30||255||280|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||195||195|
|Accounting & Finance||0||180||180|
|Agriculture & Forestry||25||105||130|
|Land & Property Management||5||90||90|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||40||40|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||25||25|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||25||25|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||25||25|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||20||20|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||15||15|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||10||10|
|Physics & Astronomy||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- NTU provides a number of funding opportunities for postgraduate students, including scholarships worth up to half the value of the tuition fee.
- The university's Alumni Loyalty Scheme offers a 25% discount on postgraduate study to current NTU students, and to alumni who graduated since July 2014.
- There are also funded studentships for postgraduate research students, and music and sports scholarships for talented applicants – please refer to the fees and funding pages on the NTU website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Many of NTU's residences have dedicated flats for postgraduate and mature students, including self-contained studio flats with their own kitchens and sitting areas.
- The university works closely with private sector landlords to offer an alternative to halls for students with families or who require more flexible contracts.
- NTU has its own letting agency, Trent Lets, which offers both accommodation and advice.