The University of Nottingham
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Nottingham has a global reputation for academic excellence, pioneering research and employability. Over 46,000 students from over 150 countries study at campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia, and the university has a global network of over 280,000 graduates. Nottingham is ranked in the world's top 100 universities by the latest QS World University Rankings (2020).
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
7,645 international students in 2017–18
- The University of Nottingham provides information and guidance as students prepare to study at the university, including visa guidance and English language preparation.
- It offers pre-departure events in many countries and the opportunity for students to speak to a current international student over the phone.
- On arrival at the university, an International Welcome Programme helps students to settle in.
English Language Requirements
- Details of the English language entry requirements can be found on the university website. While the university typically lists IELTS, it accepts a wide range of English language qualifications. Its International Student Recruitment team can advise on qualifications and entry requirements for students worldwide.
- If students don't currently meet the English language entry requirement, the university's Centre for English Language Education can help develop their English language and study skills. Accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English in the UK, it offers high quality English teaching, facilities and support.
- The university also offers English language support alongside students' academic studies.
Accommodation for International Students
- The University of Nottingham guarantees university-arranged accommodation for all international undergraduates for three years (one year for postgraduates), providing students firmly accept their offer and apply for accommodation by the deadline specified on the university website.
- The university has several accommodation options, on or within easy walking distance of campuses. If students are looking for accommodation in the private rented sector, the university can provide advice.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- A range of scholarships are available for international students across undergraduate, master's and PhD; please refer to the university website.
- The university offers support services including visa advice, faith support and English language support. There are a wide variety of student societies to choose from through the Students' Union, including many national, cultural and faith societies.