The University of Nottingham
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Nottingham has over 300 taught postgraduate courses and a wide range of research opportunities spanning the arts, engineering, medicine, science and social sciences. Research degrees are supervised by world-class academics and taught programmes are informed by the latest research findings. Students benefit from a range of support services including a dedicated Graduate School, and the Careers and Employability Service.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
8,450 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 68%
- Part Time 32%
- UK 61%
- EU 9%
- Other 30%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||45||375||420|
|Accounting & Finance||25||190||215|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||175||20||195|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||100||75||175|
|Physics & Astronomy||110||5||110|
|Agriculture & Forestry||40||50||90|
|East & South Asian Studies||0||90||90|
|Geography & Environmental Science||75||10||85|
|Theology & Religious Studies||30||50||80|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||65||15||80|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||20||35||55|
|Librarianship & Information Management||40||0||40|
|Classics & Ancient History||20||15||35|
|Anatomy & Physiology||25||10||35|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||25||25|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||10||5||15|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||5||5|
|Russian & East European Languages||5||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Nottingham regularly promotes funding for taught masters courses and research opportunities from a variety of different sources, across all subject areas. It assists students with the complex process of securing funding from outwith the university, or to identify and apply for one of the university's own awards.
- Masters and research scholarships are available for outstanding international students from many countries.
- The university has strong links with external scholarship providers in many countries, including Chevening and the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission.
- Please refer to the university website for more information on postgraduate funding opportunities.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university guarantees all new postgraduate students university-arranged accommodation for one year, helping to make their move to Nottingham as simple and as stress-free as possible. Terms and conditions apply.
- Please refer to the university website for details of accommodation for postgraduate students.