The University of Nottingham
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The university guarantees all new postgraduate students university-arranged accommodation for 1 year, to help make their move to Nottingham as simple and as stress-free as possible. Terms and conditions apply.
- Please refer to the university website for details of accommodation for postgraduate students.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university regularly promotes funding for taught masters courses and research opportunities from a variety of different sources across all subject areas. They will assist students with the complex process of securing funding from outside of the university, or help them identify and apply for one of the university's own awards.
- Please refer to the university website for more information on postgraduate funding opportunities.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
8,186 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 66%
- Part Time 34%
- UK 61%
- EU 9%
- Other 30%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||310||835||1145|
|Engineering & technology||425||305||730|
|Medicine & dentistry||325||185||510|
|Business & administrative studies||80||405||485|
|Architecture, building & planning||95||185||280|
|Historical & philosophical studies||130||120||250|
|Agriculture & related subjects||85||125||210|
|Creative arts & design||25||55||80|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.