The University of Nottingham
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Nottingham has over 300 taught postgraduate courses and a wide range of research opportunities spanning the arts, engineering, medicine, science and social sciences. Research degrees are supervised by world-class academics and taught programmes are informed by the latest research findings. Students benefit from a range of support services including a dedicated Graduate School, and the Careers and Employability Service.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
8,494 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 73%
- Part Time 27%
- UK 58%
- EU 8%
- Other 34%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||40||590||630|
|Accounting & Finance||15||380||395|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||180||25||205|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||80||80||160|
|Physics & Astronomy||105||0||105|
|Agriculture & Forestry||45||55||100|
|Theology & Religious Studies||30||60||90|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||70||15||85|
|Geography & Environmental Science||75||5||80|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||20||40||60|
|Librarianship & Information Management||45||0||45|
|East & South Asian Studies||0||35||35|
|Anatomy & Physiology||25||5||30|
|Classics & Ancient History||15||15||30|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||25||25|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||10||5||15|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||10||10|
|Russian & East European Languages||5||0||5|
|Aural & Oral Sciences||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Nottingham regularly promotes funding for taught master's courses and research opportunities from a variety of different sources, across all subject areas. It assists students with the complex process of securing funding from outwith the university, or to identify and apply for one of the university's own awards.
- Please refer to the university website for more information on postgraduate funding opportunities.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The University of Nottingham guarantees all new postgraduate students university-arranged accommodation for one year, helping to make the move to Nottingham as simple and stress-free as possible. Please refer to the university website for details of accommodation options and the terms of the guarantee.