- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Oxford Brookes is a leading modern university that attracts over 3,500 international students from more than 150 different countries. Students flourish in its stimulating, supportive community: they benefit from the university's excellent, innovative teaching – and the university values the academic and cultural contributions they bring.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
3,285 international students in 2017–18
- The International Student Advice team offer support that includes providing visa and immigration advice both before students arrive and after.
- International students are met at the airport during the university's September arrivals weekend.
- A buddy scheme and social programme helps students make friends and adapt to being in the UK and at university.
- Students are given an introduction to life in Oxford, and advice on working in the UK whilst studying, or after leaving Oxford Brookes.
English Language Requirements
- Most undergraduate and postgraduate degrees require IELTS Band 6.0 to 6.5 overall (with 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking).
- Pre-sessional English courses are available if students do not meet university requirements.
- Please refer to the university website for course-specific requirements and other qualifications accepted.
Accommodation for International Students
- Everyone going to Oxford Brookes full-time can apply for halls. The university guarantees accommodation for students who make the university their firm choice and apply by the deadline. International students are guaranteed a place in halls of residence for their first year of study, as long as they meet the application and allocation deadlines.
- The university halls of residence are a great way to meet people and make new friends. Students will be with people from all over the world so they can learn about different cultures and meet a real mix of people.
- The halls provide a safe and secure living environment, with hall wardens and security staff on-site 24/7 at university managed halls.
- University accommodation is also available to students in their second, third or fourth year. Students can choose to live in university-managed shared houses or in specific halls for continuing students. Students can choose to book their accommodation individually or with a group of friends.
- The university has family flats and studio flats available for couples.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The university has a wide range of financial support available to help international students pay tuition fees and living costs. For details, please refer to the university website. Awards include:
- Richard Haill International Scholarships: international students who have an offer to study an International foundation course can apply for a £4,000 scholarship.
- Scholarships for pre-master's students: a selection of £1,000 scholarships are available for students progressing onto master’s degrees at Oxford Brookes from a pre-master’s course at the university, awarded to those achieving the highest academic performance during their pre-master's.
- Every student is given a personal academic adviser. This is a member of teaching staff dedicated to guiding them throughout their studies and providing comprehensive academic support.
- Oxford Brookes University also offers Academic English support. Classes can be taken to develop and perfect academic English skills during undergraduate or postgraduate study at no extra cost.