Oxford Brookes University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- Oxford: a world famous student city with a rich cultural and educational history that goes back centuries
- £132m invested in our multi award-winning John Henry Brookes Building in 2014 providing inspirational social and learning spaces for students; over the next ten years £13m per year will be spent further enhancing facilities across all campuses.
- Many courses offer work placement opportunities in local, national or international companies and organisations. Oxford Brookes uses its industry contacts to provide you with the best opportunities to enhance your employability.
- Our international alumni are employed worldwide by an impressive array of organisations. Many of our courses are recognised by the relevant professional body opening the door to your chosen career.
- High quality pathway Foundation and Pre-Master’s courses to help you meet entry requirements and familiarise you with university life.
- Free English language and study skills support throughout your course to help you achieve your potential.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- Most undergraduate and postgraduate degrees require IELTS Band 6.0 to 6.5 overall (with 6.0 in reading and writing, 5.5 in listening and speaking). Further information about our requirements and other qualifications accepted are available on our website.
- Pre-sessional English courses are available if you do not meet our requirements.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- For information on scholarships and bursaries at Oxford Brooks please visit our website.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- At Oxford Brookes we understand that coming to live and study in the UK may be a new experience for you so we aim to support you before and after your arrival. Detailed information with everything you need to know can be found on our international preparation and arrival webpages.
- We offer a specialist International Student Advice Team to support you in your visa application, finance and employment at pre-arrival and throughout your time at Brookes.
- A Meet and Greet Service at Heathrow Airport during our September arrivals weekend.
- Workshops during the welcome week on living and studying, arranging your finances and extending your visa.
- A Global Buddies scheme to provide a friendly welcome for new international students, helping you to settle into life in Oxford.
- Great social events in the arrival weekend and throughout the academic year.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university halls of residence are a great way to meet people and make new friends. You will find yourself alongside people from all over the world so you can learn about different cultures and meet a real mix of people.
- Our halls provide a safe and secure living environment: they all have supervisors, wardens and security guards to help make your stay trouble-free.
- International students are guaranteed a place in our halls of residence for your first year of study provided you meet the application and allocation deadlines.
- University accommodation is also available to students after their first year. You can book accommodation with a group of friends and choose one of the options specifically designed for continuing students.
Organisations for International Students
- Our International Student Advice Team organise a programme of events to give you the opportunity to meet other students.
- The Brookes Union supports over 80 different societies. There are societies for cultural and religious groups as well ones based around sports, music and other interests.
- Oxford Brookes has its own section of the International Exchange and Student Support Network.