Oxford Brookes University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Oxford Brookes offers its postgraduate students excellent teaching, strong partnerships and broad research expertise.
- Our lecturers have been awarded 8 National Teaching Fellowships from the Higher Education Academy in the last six years, with Queen’s Anniversary Prizes awarded to the MSc in Primate Conservation and MA in Development and Emergency Practice.
- Links and partnerships with local businesses and community organisations bring real-life application to the learning experience on many courses. And teaching is informed by research expertise: 94% of Brookes research was judged 'internationally recognised' in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
- The award-winning new John Henry Brookes Building brings together hi-tech library and teaching areas with innovative spaces for individual and group learning. Many courses have their own specialist facilities.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
Brookes offers over 130 taught degrees in the following subject areas:
- Applied Health and Professional Development
- Art, Music and Film Studies
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Business and Management
- Computing and Communication Technologies
- English and Modern Languages
- History and Philosophy
- Hospitality Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mathematical Sciences
- Real Estate and Construction
- Social Sciences
- Social Work and Public Health
- Sport and Health Sciences
The 3,930 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 47%
- Part Time 53%
- UK 69%
- EU 8%
- Other 23%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||73||828||901|
|Subjects allied to medicine||25||806||831|
|Architecture, building & planning||34||466||500|
|Engineering & technology||8||131||139|
|Mass communications & documentation||4||115||119|
|Creative arts & design||32||72||104|
|Historical & philosophical studies||29||65||94|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||18||18|
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- International students are offered free workshops and tutorials to improve their academic English skills.
- There is a dedicated postgraduate accommodation block half a mile from the Headington Campus, with provision for couples, families and independent wheelchair users.
- Scholarships are available to Master's students on a number of courses.