- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Oxford Brookes offers teaching that is dynamic and relevant to the real world. Nearby are world-class libraries, businesses, museums and creative venues – many with strong partnerships with the university – to inspire and challenge students' thinking. Self-study and a focus on exploring ideas further are at the heart of postgraduate study, and the university's courses can be completed around existing work, family or other commitments.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,054 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 45%
- Part Time 55%
- UK 73%
- EU 8%
- Other 19%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||55||505||565|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||10||185||195|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||10||115||130|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||110||115|
|Accounting & Finance||15||85||95|
|Land & Property Management||0||35||35|
|Art & Design||15||10||25|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||20||20|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||0||5|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There are a number of postgraduate bursaries and scholarships available; please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university provides separate accommodation for postgraduate or mature undergraduate students. Students must be over 21 years old to live in these rooms.