Oxford Brookes University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The university provides separate accommodation for postgraduate or mature undergraduate students. Students must be over 21 years old to live in these rooms.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There are a number of postgraduate bursaries and scholarships available.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- Research at Oxford Brookes enjoys an international reputation, attracting high-quality staff and students as well as major funded projects. Each academic department and school is engaged in a diverse range of research activities.
- Research students will be joining a stimulating and supportive environment and benefit from expert supervision.
- They will also benefit from a strong programme of research training led by the Oxford Brookes Graduate College, which helps organise research methodology courses and seminars, careers planning and advice, and the Research Students’ Forum.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
3,937 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 44%
- Part Time 56%
- UK 73%
- EU 8%
- Other 19%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||75||830||900|
|Subjects allied to medicine||25||805||830|
|Architecture, building & planning||35||465||500|
|Engineering & technology||10||130||140|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||115||120|
|Creative arts & design||30||70||105|
|Historical & philosophical studies||30||65||95|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||20||20|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.