Oxford Brookes University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Oxford Brookes offers teaching that is dynamic and relevant to the real world. Nearby are world-class libraries, businesses, museums and creative venues – many with strong partnerships with the university – to inspire and challenge students' thinking. Self-study and a focus on exploring ideas further are at the heart of postgraduate study, and the university's courses can be completed around existing work, family or other commitments.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,115 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 46%
- Part Time 54%
- UK 72%
- EU 9%
- Other 20%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||40||515||555|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||10||160||170|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||20||125||145|
|Accounting & Finance||30||90||115|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||105||105|
|Land & Property Management||0||55||55|
|Art & Design||20||5||20|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||20||20|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
|Theology & Religious Studies||0||5||5|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There are a number of postgraduate bursaries and scholarships available.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university provides separate accommodation for postgraduate or mature undergraduate students. Students must be over 21 years old to live in these rooms.