University of Oxford
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Oxford offers a variety of accommodation options and living arrangements to cater for the differing needs of postgraduate students. Many colleges offer accommodation to students for all or part of their course, however it is not possible to guarantee accommodation to all applicants.
- Some colleges make limited provision for specific requirements, such as student couples or families, and there is accommodation specifically adapted for students with disabilities.
- Please refer to the university website for further details, including information about college rent and other charges.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Over 1,000 graduate scholarships are available, including full scholarships which cover course and college fees and provide a grant for living costs. Scholarships cover the full academic range of Oxford’s graduate courses and are open to students of all nationalities.
- Over two-thirds of Oxford scholarships require only the standard course application; if students fulfil the eligibility criteria, they will automatically be considered.
- All Oxford scholarships worth over £1,000 are advertised through the Fees, Funding and Scholarship search, which can be found on the university website. Applicants can use this tool to check their eligibility for scholarships that require an additional application, and find full details of how to apply.
- The vast majority of Oxford scholarships are awarded to applicants who submit their course application by the January deadline; some additional scholarships are also offered by departmentsm, details of which can be found on the relevant university departmental websites.
Over 320 postgraduate courses are available in a wide range of subjects, across the four academic divisions:
- Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences;
- Medical Sciences;
- Social Sciences.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
10,144 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 80%
- Part Time 20%
- UK 43%
- EU 19%
- Other 38%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Historical & philosophical studies||490||600||1090|
|Business & administrative studies||35||825||860|
|Subjects allied to medicine||420||350||770|
|Medicine & dentistry||405||35||440|
|Engineering & technology||365||5||365|
|Creative arts & design||55||85||140|
|Architecture, building & planning||5||35||35|
|Mass communications & documentation||15||15||35|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||25||25|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.