Pearson Business School
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Within Pearson College London, the Pearson Business School delivers industry-focused undergraduate degrees in business management, law and accounting. Part of Pearson, a FTSE 100 company, students get a unique education powered by industry experience, designed and developed to be relevant to the real world from day one of their career. Based in the heart of London at the High Holborn campus, students are able to make the most of all that London has to offer.
UCAS Code: P34
Undergraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Student Services and Facilities
Libraries and Information Services
- The Online Learning Environment (OLE) provides a range of high quality study materials designed to support students' learning, together with useful resources including news and announcements, timetables (which can be integrated into Google calendars), technical support and helpful guidance.
- The college provides students with all core reading materials free, as part and parcel of their degree, so students won’t need to spend money on textbooks.
- Students have access to the online library 24/7, with thousands of e-journals and over 400,000 e-books.
- Being located in Central London means that part-time work opportunities are abundant. There are multiple cafés, restaurants and shops with flexible working hours to fit around study.
- The college runs a student ambassador scheme; current students assist at open days, taster days and other events, earning a wage while also learning more about the place where they study.
- The Pearson College London Careers Service helps students research their career ideas, make effective internship applications and develop their skills; they also identify any additional support required from students' personal tutors and talent coach. In interviews, the team discuss the support that students receive, to help them with their personal and professional development and improve their employability.
- All students have access to the careers team, and receive individual coaching and guidance sessions with a talent coach.
- Students are offered career workshops on how to make the most of their time at Pearson College London, how to gain the skills that make a great CV, and how to clarify and achieve their career goals and objectives.
Counselling and Mental Health Support
- An in-house counsellor offers support on a regular basis to students who need help in any areas of their life, whether academic or personal. Free sessions can easily be arranged, and the Student Services team are also available to help.
- When students are offered a place at the college they are invited to discuss any additional needs and support required with a dedicated member of staff. Additional learning needs may include specific learning differences such as dyslexia or dyspraxia, mental health conditions, sensory or physical disabilities, or chronic or acute medical conditions.
- The college can put the support or special requirements students need in place, but students are asked to contact the college as soon as possible to enable this to happen.
Other services and facilities
- Student Services are responsible for providing administrative and pastoral support and advice to all Pearson College London students from the point of application through to registration, during their programme of study, and on to the award of a qualification as part of graduation.
- Pearson College Student Association (PCSA) represent all students at Pearson College London, ensuring their university needs are met and that they get the most out of life in the city.
- The societies are constantly growing in variety. Some suit academic interests, such as finance, while others exist for fun – like football, rugby or netball teams.
- The PCSA regularly runs events where students can socialise with their peers and network outside of Pearson College London, helping to build opportunities that will exist past graduation.
- Pearson College London launched in 2012 and as part of Pearson, is the only FTSE 100 company in the UK to design and deliver degrees.
- Pearson Business School students study within a FTSE 100 company, based in the heart of central London – a little different from the average university campus!
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
Since 2012 the college has had more than 100 graduates. These include:
- Patrick Jack – now working with Goldman Sachs in a graduate analyst role.
- Sam Applebee – founder of two successful companies, Kickpush and SuperGlobal, where technology is used for the greater good.
- Sophie Hawkins – employed on the IBM graduate programme.
Pearson Business School, 190 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7BH