- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
The University of Plymouth has a thriving international community of 3,000 students from over 100 countries. Students are helped at every step of their academic journey, from applying to settling in, during and after their studies. The University of Plymouth International College (UPIC) offers pathways leading to undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, transforming international students into University of Plymouth graduates and lifelong learners.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
2,805 international students in 2017–18
- International students coming to Plymouth benefit from the university's free orientation programme, helping students settle into a new home city, along with further events and excursions to help widen their social networks.
- Support from Plymouth's dedicated International Student Advice team provides help with immigration, visas and work regulations, and includes a meet and greet service from Heathrow Airport as well as advice on finance and healthcare and a monthly movie night for international students.
- The university runs free support classes to improve English language skills.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6.0 (undergraduate) or 6.5 (postgraduate); higher levels are required for some courses.
Accommodation for International Students
- Undergraduate students are guaranteed a place in halls on the condition that Plymouth is their firm first-choice university and they have applied for their accommodation by the deadline stated on the university's official website.
- All accommodation is within a 20-minute walk of the campus and the city centre.
- All university accommodation is for single occupancy. If students intend to bring family, they are advised to look at private rented accommodation in the city.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- An international undergraduate students award is given automatically to those meeting eligibility criteria.
- The International Student Advice team (ISA) provide ongoing advice on issues such as living in the UK and culture shock, money advice and council tax, general academic queries, health and personal issues.
Quick Guides to International Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about fees and funding for international students.
- Get information about fees and funding for EU students.