- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
The University of Plymouth offers a range of postgraduate degrees across all areas of its world-leading research – from digital art and dance to dentistry and geochemistry. Students are supported and supervised by staff who are international experts in their field; their breadth and depth of knowledge means they are well placed to help students plan towards their future career and give advice based on genuine experience.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,028 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 51%
- Part Time 49%
- UK 80%
- EU 9%
- Other 11%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||65||230||290|
|Geography & Environmental Science||50||125||170|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||15||115||130|
|Art & Design||20||35||60|
|Agriculture & Forestry||5||30||35|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||30||35|
|Accounting & Finance||0||30||30|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||10||15||25|
|Communication & Media Studies||15||5||15|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||15||0||15|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Plymouth offers a number of studentships, including some funded by UK research councils, targeted at specific projects and disciplines.
- The university also offers scholarships for students who have applied for a postgraduate taught degree; these include a discretionary 20% alumni reward for Plymouth graduates with an honours degree, and the Faculty of Business Professoriate Scholarships.
- Please refer to the university website for further details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- From private houses and flats to halls of residence – most within walking distance of the campus – the University of Plymouth offers accommodation to suit students' needs.
- A variety of private rented property is listed in a database of approved accommodation on the university website.
- Halls of residence provide a range of accommodation with 41-week contracts; postgraduate students are welcome to apply.