- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Plymouth offers a range of postgraduate degrees across all areas of its world-leading research – from digital art and dance to dentistry and geochemistry. Students are supported and supervised by staff who are international experts in their field; their breadth and depth of knowledge means they are well placed to help students plan towards their future career and give advice based on genuine experience.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,215 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 43%
- Part Time 57%
- UK 81%
- EU 9%
- Other 11%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||60||265||330|
|Geography & Environmental Science||45||100||140|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||25||105||125|
|Art & Design||15||35||50|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||35||40|
|Accounting & Finance||0||35||35|
|Agriculture & Forestry||5||30||35|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||20||30|
|Communication & Media Studies||15||5||15|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Plymouth offers a wide variety of studentships, including some funded by UK research councils, targeted at specific projects and disciplines.
- The university also offers a range of scholarships for students who have applied for a postgraduate taught degree, such as the discretionary 20% alumni reward for Plymouth graduates with an honours degree and the Faculty of Business Professoriate Scholarships.
- Please refer to the university website for further details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- From private houses and flats to halls of residence – most within walking distance of the campus – the University of Plymouth offers a wide range of accommodation to suit students' needs.
- A varied range of private rented property is found on the university's database of approved accommodation on the website.
- Plymouth offers accommodation in a variety of halls of residence with 41-week contracts, and postgraduate students are welcome to apply.