University of Portsmouth
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- A place in halls is guaranteed to all new full-time UK and EU undergraduate and postgraduate applicants who firmly accept an offer to study at the University of Portsmouth and apply for accommodation by the specified deadline.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The £1,700 Care Leavers Bursary is available to eligible postgraduate students.
- Current undergraduates and alumni of the university can apply for various scholarships towards postgraduate study, including 300 bursaries of £3,000 each for full-time undergraduates going on to Master's courses.
- Most subject areas are available at postgraduate level.
- The university also offers Professional Doctorates and MRes degrees as well as Master’s and other flexible postgraduate qualifications.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
3,314 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 51%
- Part Time 49%
- UK 69%
- EU 6%
- Other 26%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||60||930||990|
|Engineering & technology||40||370||415|
|Architecture, building & planning||10||190||200|
|Subjects allied to medicine||85||30||110|
|Creative arts & design||10||20||25|
|Historical & philosophical studies||5||10||15|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||10||15|
|Medicine & dentistry||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.