Endsleigh Insurance

Determining whether or not you need insurance and what kind of insurance to get can be a confusing process. To help you make a decision, we’ve put together a list of the different types of insurance you might need.

Why you may need insurance

LOSS: 29% of students have lost their phone at least once.
BROKEN: 77% of our gadget and possessions claims are for accidental damage.
STOLEN: 22% of students have experienced theft whilst out and about.
SPILLS: 37% of students have experienced liquid damage to their phones.

Source: Endsleigh’s 2016 Student Survey in collaboration with the NUS Insight Team.

Firstly, you should check with your landlord (if applicable) to establish what cover they already have in place.

If you’re living in university halls or shared student accommodation, your university or accommodation provider may have already arranged some contents insurance for you with Endsleigh. You can check here if you’re covered, what’s included and how to personalise and extend any cover if you require it.

Although some parents’ home insurance policies may cover some of the risks of taking your belongings away to university, students these days are taking a valuable haul of stuff with them.

  • Endsleigh’s 2016 Student Survey asked over 3,000 students about their gadgets and possessions, finding that today’s students take close to £3,000 worth of possessions with them to university.
  • Your parents’ policy may not cover these gadgets for accidental damage, or incidents whilst you are out and about.

Next, you should think about your own possessions. What items do you value most? Once you have a clear idea of what you’d like to protect, there are a number of options you might choose:

Endsleigh are the UK's No. 1 insurance provider for students and are the only insurance provider recommended by NUS.

Over the last 50 years they have used their expertise to help shape their products, services, contents and tools around their customers’ needs.

To find out more, head over to Endsleigh’s website.

*Price is based on a student living on campus, insuring a phone and a laptop (or tablet up to the value of £500 each. Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited acts as a Credit Broker exclusively on behalf of Premium Credit Limited (PCL), who arrange finance for monthly payments.

English Language Courses

Come and learn English in the UK — find out about English language courses and where you can study.

Email Newsletter

Sign up to our monthly e-update for hints and tips on your university application, direct to your inbox.


Tweets by @CompUniGuide

CompUniGuide on Instagram