Queen Margaret University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- Please refer to the university website for details.
English Language Requirements
- The minimum English language qualifications that QMU will accept is IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each language skill. Please note that these tests are only valid for 2 years.
- The university also accepts English Language qualifications from Pearsons, but can no longer accept TOEFL qualifications.
- Free English language support is offered to all international students at QMU in the form of individual drop-in tutorials, run by the Effective Learning Service, based in the Learning Resource Centre; the service also runs informal study skills workshops in the Effective Learning Centre.
- For applicants looking for additional English practice and study skills training prior to commencing their main course of study, the Effective Learning Service runs 4 and 12-week Pre-Sessional English programmes. These programmes can also be taken by students who fall just short of meeting the English language requirements, as a means of reaching the desired level of English before the start of their main programme.
- Please refer to the university website for further details about English language requirements.
Accommodation for International Students
- While not guaranteed, it is highly likely that international students will be able to secure a place in student residences if they apply in plenty of time.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.