Queen Margaret University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- QMU's campus accommodates 800 students in a choice of standard or premium rooms, grouped into self-contained flats with shared kitchen/communal areas. There is campus-wide Wi-Fi and 24/7 security and pastoral care so students are safe and supported.
- The accommodation is located on campus, just a stone's throw away from the university. Students will find many great facilities on the doorstep including the Students' Union, gym and sports centre and the Learning Resource Centre.
- Students living on campus can get involved in ResLife which offers a range of sociable and fun events, such as film nights and cookery classes, which normally take place on campus and help students to make friends and socialise.
|Self-Catered||from £4,320 to £4,960 per year|
- The university is just six minutes by train from the centre of Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and one of the top tourist destinations. It's a friendly compact city which offers incredible entertainment and cultural opportunities. Students will love all of the city's festivals, especially the Edinburgh International Festival and the Festival Fringe which take place in the summer and attracts visitors from all over the world.
- The campus is situated by the seaside town of Musselburgh, and from there, the beautiful coast and countryside of East Lothian.
- Musselburgh has a theatre, a sports centre with a swimming pool, shops, a racecourse, golf courses, a harbour and beach, and restaurants and bars – and the county is officially the sunniest areas of Scotland. Outdoor activity enthusiasts can make the most of the cycling, surfing, sailing, horse-riding and walking opportunities across the 40 miles of beautiful coastline.
Culture and Nightlife
- Edinburgh's dynamic cultural scene boasts the largest collection of historic buildings, museums, art galleries and theatres of any city in Scotland.
- Edinburgh is bursting at the seams with loads of great student bars. From quirky venues to bars that are perfect for starting off a huge night out, the sheer diversity and incredible choice makes Edinburgh one of the best student cities in the UK.
- Queen Margaret University is only six miles by train from the centre of Edinburgh, with daily bus and train services available to the city. The campus is located right next to Musselburgh train station.
- Tesco provides a return bus service to the store in Musselburgh from the QMU campus.
- Edinburgh International Airport is approximately 30 minutes drive from the QMU campus; it can be easily accessed by bus, train or tram from the city centre.