Queen Margaret University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Queen Margaret University (QMU) offers a postgraduate education that is professionally and socially relevant to the world, to develop and enhance students' skills and career options. Subject areas cover sectors including business and finance, media and PR, healthcare and education. Students don't have to commit to a full award but, for many courses, can opt to study individual modules; and courses offered within the new Advancing Health Practice Framework are all delivered online.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
1,744 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 35%
- Part Time 65%
- UK 74%
- EU 14%
- Other 12%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Aural & Oral Sciences||10||160||170|
|Business & Management Studies||15||110||125|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||90||90|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||30||35|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||30||30|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- QMU has a number of opportunities to apply for scholarships and bursaries for postgraduate students.
- Please refer to the university website for further details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- While not guaranteed, it is highly likely that postgraduates will be able to access a room in student residences if they apply in plenty of time.