- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Queen Mary University of London offers taught and research postgraduate degrees. It facilitates world-leading research across all academic schools and departments, with an impressive track record of innovative interdisciplinary collaborations. Students benefit from first-class research and transferable skills training, dedicated postgraduate-only spaces, and opportunities to present and discuss their work – with their peers and at international conferences.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
6,137 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 77%
- Part Time 23%
- UK 43%
- EU 11%
- Other 45%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Accounting & Finance||5||940||950|
|Business & Management Studies||45||470||515|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||85||25||110|
|Physics & Astronomy||60||35||95|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||60||60|
|Geography & Environmental Science||25||20||45|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||40||40|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||10||25||35|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||20||30|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||10||10||25|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||15||15|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Queen Mary offers a significant package of bursaries, scholarships and studentships in a range of subject areas, including to newly-qualified postgraduate applicants. Queen Mary graduates can also benefit from Alumni Loyalty Awards.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university offers approximately 850 accommodation spaces for postgraduate students.
- Aspire Point is an iconic new development in Stratford providing affordable living and study space for 445 postgraduate students, with stunning views over London and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. It offers a range of non en-suite, en-suite and studio rooms and is a short (20 minute) bus journey away from the Mile End campus. There are also en-suite rooms provided by Unite within a 5-minute walk of the Mile End campus.
- Queen Mary offers dedicated spaces for medicine and dentistry postgraduate students at Charterhouse Square and Whitechapel campuses.