Queen Mary University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- The university offers approximately 500 accommodation spaces for postgraduate students.
- The majority are at the Mile End campus but there are also spaces for medicine and dentistry students at Charterhouse Square and Whitechapel campuses.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- QMUL offers a significant package of scholarships and studentships in a range of subject areas.
- QMUL graduates can also benefit from our Alumni Loyalty Awards.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- Most subject areas are available at postgraduate level.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,752 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 76%
- Part Time 24%
- UK 45%
- EU 13%
- Other 42%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||30||1135||1160|
|Medicine & dentistry||300||595||895|
|Engineering & technology||240||100||340|
|Subjects allied to medicine||0||95||95|
|Historical & philosophical studies||55||35||90|
|Creative arts & design||15||20||35|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||10||15|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.