Queen Mary University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Queen Mary, University of London (QMUL) offers taught and research postgraduate degrees. It facilitates world-leading research across all academic schools and departments, with an impressive track record of innovative interdisciplinary collaborations. Students benefit from first-class research and transferable skills training, dedicated postgraduate-only spaces, and opportunities to present and discuss their work – with their peers and at international conferences.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
5,260 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 75%
- Part Time 25%
- UK 47%
- EU 11%
- Other 42%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Accounting & Finance||5||715||720|
|Business & Management Studies||40||455||495|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||85||35||120|
|Physics & Astronomy||60||35||95|
|Geography & Environmental Science||30||30||60|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||35||35|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||30||30|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||15||10||25|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||20||25|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||10||10||20|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||15||15|
|Russian & East European Languages||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- QMUL offers a significant package of bursaries, scholarships and studentships in a range of subject areas, including to newly-qualified postgraduate applicants. QMUL graduates can also benefit from its Alumni Loyalty Awards.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university offers approximately 500 accommodation spaces for postgraduate students. The majority are at the Mile End campus but there are also spaces for medicine and dentistry students at Charterhouse Square and Whitechapel campuses.
- Aspire Point (available from September 2018) is an iconic new development in Stratford providing affordable living and study space for 445 postgraduate students, with stunning views over London and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Aspire Point is a short (20 minute) bus journey away from the Mile End campus.