- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Queen's University Belfast Graduate School provides an intellectual and social hub, connecting students across all disciplines to one another and to mentors, leaders, and employers within the university and beyond. It supports postgraduate students to be thinkers, innovators, leaders, and communicators who are future-ready.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
5,185 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 59%
- Part Time 41%
- UK 73%
- EU 11%
- Other 17%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||155||275||430|
|Business & Management Studies||15||230||245|
|Accounting & Finance||10||130||140|
|Physics & Astronomy||130||5||130|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||60||45||105|
|Agriculture & Forestry||25||80||105|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||15||40||50|
|Geography & Environmental Science||25||25||50|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||40||40|
|Theology & Religious Studies||20||15||35|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||20||25|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||15||10||25|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||5||15|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Queen's University Belfast offers a wide range of annual university studentships for postgraduate research programmes, which typically cover the full payment of tuition fees and include a maintenance allowance.
- There is also a range of funding available through external sources for postgraduate research.
- A limited number of scholarships and bursaries may be available for specific taught master's courses.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- International postgraduate students are given priority for a place in university accommodation, for at least their first year.
- Applications for accommodation should be submitted as soon as possible in order to be allocated the room type required.