- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Queen's University Belfast Graduate School is a world-class intellectual and social hub connecting students from all disciplines to each other, and to mentors and employers within the university and beyond. Postgraduates are trained to become thinkers, communicators, innovators and leaders who are future-ready, through disciplinary excellence and cross-disciplinary collaboration. Postgraduate students at Queen's go beyond current conceptions and categories, redefining and rethinking assumptions, and having a perspective that is flexible and adaptive.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
5,993 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 62%
- Part Time 38%
- UK 70%
- EU 10%
- Other 20%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||150||325||475|
|Business & Management Studies||20||315||335|
|Accounting & Finance||10||255||265|
|Physics & Astronomy||125||5||130|
|Agriculture & Forestry||35||90||125|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||55||60||115|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||15||50||65|
|Geography & Environmental Science||25||25||50|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||40||45|
|Theology & Religious Studies||15||15||35|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||25||25|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||15||25|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||20||5||20|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Queen's University Belfast offers a wide range of annual university studentships for postgraduate research programmes, which typically cover the full payment of tuition fees and include a maintenance allowance.
- There is also a range of funding available through external sources for postgraduate research.
- A limited number of scholarships and bursaries may be available for specific taught master's courses.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- International postgraduate students are given priority for a place in university accommodation, for at least their first year.
- Applications for accommodation should be submitted as soon as possible in order to be allocated the room type required.