Queen's University, Belfast
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Queen’s University has 20 academic schools and each school provides opportunities for postgraduate study at both taught and research levels.
- Programmes focus strongly on rigorous academic standards set against core vocational skills and employability.
- As a member of the Russell Group of leading UK research-intensive universities, we provide our students with a world-class education underpinned by world-class research.
- Queen’s University provides a wide range of postgraduate taught programmes at Master’s, PG Diploma and PG Certificate level, and postgraduate research programmes at PhD, Professional Doctorate and MPhil levels.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
- Full details of postgraduate courses are provided in the university’s online course finder.
- Additional information is available on school websites.
The 4,995 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 56%
- Part Time 44%
- UK 76%
- EU 12%
- Other 12%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||157||337||494|
|Medicine & dentistry||202||285||487|
|Business & administrative studies||34||330||364|
|Architecture, building & planning||31||280||311|
|Engineering & technology||179||85||264|
|Historical & philosophical studies||74||87||161|
|Agriculture & related subjects||27||130||157|
|Creative arts & design||38||65||103|
|Mass communications & documentation||11||15||26|
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- A significant number of postgraduate studentships and scholarships are available.
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- Queen’s University Belfast is investing £350m in its campus to make the student experience one of the best in the UK.
- One of the key developments is the establishment of a new Graduate School which provides exceptional teaching, training and study facilities alongside strategic support for postgraduate learning and research.
- The university’s Student Guidance Centre brings together a range of student-focused support services including student employability and skills development and student welfare.
- For a comprehensive view of many areas of postgraduate student support, please refer to the Postgraduate Prospectus 2016 on our website.