- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Ravensbourne is a specialist college offering education in the field of digital media and design.
- Entry Standards vary from course to course at Ravensbourne.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
Student Services and Facilities
- Ravensbourne has industry-standard facilities catering to the range of disciplines that it teaches.
- The Study Zone at Ravensbourne offers a library service with a wealth of print, online and multimedia resources.
- Students at Ravensbourne can also borrow equipment from the college's collection of over 4,000 pieces. This includes cameras, microphones, laptops and much more.
- The Student Support team at Ravensbourne offer disabled students support with study skills, specialist tutoring and mentoring.
- The Ravensbourne Students' Union (RSU) organises regular events, including events in support of campaigns such as Children in Need and Mental Health Day.
- The adjacent O2 Arena is often used as a venue by the Ravensbourne Students' Union. Students are also eligible for discounts at the shops, restaurants and bars in the O2.
- The RSU operates a range of societies, including Football, Christian Union and Cheerobics.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- Being based next to the O2 Arena and within a short tube journey of most of London, part-time work for students in retail and hospitality should be available.
- The Careers and Industry Liason Team at Ravensbourne offer students both past and present careers advice.
- Ravensbourne's excellent industry links also present the opportunity for students to organise work placements.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 96%
- Postgraduate 4%
Mode of study
- Full Time 99%
- Part Time 1%
Where students come from
- UK 92%
- EU 4%
- Other 4%
- Male 53%
- Female 47%
- Ravensbourne was formed in 1962 following the merger of the Bromley School of Art and the Department of Furniture Design of the Beckenham School of Art.
- Until 2010, it was known as Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication.
- Later that year, Ravensbourne moved to its current location in Greenwich, next to the O2 Arena.
Ravensbourne has an impressive list of notable alumni, including:
- David Bowie – singer, actor and all-round creative genius.
- Stella McCartney – fashion designer and daughter of Sir Paul McCartney.
- Peter James – writer and winner of WHSmith's award for the Best Crime Author of All Time.
- Gareth Unwin – film producer perhaps best known for his Oscar-winning work on The King's Speech.
- Nazaneen Ghaffar – weather presenter for Sky News.
- Bruce Oldfield – fashion designer whose clients have included Sienna Miller, Taylor Swift and the late Diana, Princess of Wales.
- Jay Osgerby – designer whose studio designed the award-winning London 2012 Olympic torch.
6 Penrose Way