- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Ravensbourne is an industry-focused higher education institution in the heart of London’s newest creative hub. A champion of creativity and collaboration, it offers practical digital media and design courses at all levels; its students have worked on briefs for the BBC, Royal Shakespeare Company and Ford.
UCAS Code: R06
League Table Scores
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the university.Read more
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the university.Read more
A measure of the proportion of staff involved in high-quality research in the university.Read more
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the university.Read more
The average staffing levels at the university.Read more
Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the university spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more
A guide to how much the university spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the university.Read more
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 98%
- Postgraduate 2%
Mode of study
- Full Time 100%
Where students come from
- UK 90%
- EU 4%
- Other 5%
- Male 50%
- Female 50%
Undergraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Student Services and Facilities
- The Study Zone includes over 20,000 books, an ever-growing e-book and DVD collection, access to some of the best industry databases and journals, plus a materials library.
- Based next to the O2 Arena and within a short tube journey of most of London, part-time work for students in retail and hospitality should be available.
- The Careers and Industry Liason team at Ravensbourne provides careers advice for current and former students.
- Ravensbourne's excellent industry links also present the opportunity for students to organise work placements.
- Ravensbourne advises students to register with a local GP near to where they live.
- Students with personal issues or struggling to cope are supported with guidance or counselling; regular drop-in sessions are run and all services are free to Ravensbourne students.
- The Student Support team at Ravensbourne offer disabled students support with study skills, specialist tutoring and mentoring.
Other services and facilities
- The CLR or Central Loan Resource has over 4,000 pieces of equipment including cameras, lighting, microphones, laptops and IT accessories. New and updated equipment is added regularly. The CLR team also offers monthly training sessions in addition to the training students get on their course.
- The Ravensbourne Students' Union (RSU) organises regular events, including events in support of campaigns such as Children in Need and Mental Health Day.
- The adjacent O2 Arena is often used as a venue by the Ravensbourne Students' Union. Students are also eligible for discounts at the shops, restaurants and bars in the O2.
- The RSU operates a range of societies, including Football, Christian Union and Cheerobics.
- Ravensbourne was formed in 1962 following the merger of the Bromley School of Art and the Department of Furniture Design of the Beckenham School of Art.
- Until 2010, it was known as Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication.
- Later that year, Ravensbourne moved to its current location in Greenwich, next to the O2 Arena.
- Ravensbourne students are designing fashion collections for Wrangler's 70th anniversary celebrations.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- David Bowie – singer, actor and all-round creative genius.
- Stella McCartney – fashion designer and daughter of Sir Paul McCartney.
- Peter James – writer and winner of WHSmith's award for the Best Crime Author of All Time.
- Gareth Unwin – film producer perhaps best known for his Oscar-winning work on The King's Speech.
- Nazaneen Ghaffar – weather presenter for Sky News.
- Bruce Oldfield – fashion designer whose clients have included Sienna Miller, Taylor Swift and the late Diana, Princess of Wales.
- Jay Osgerby – designer whose studio designed the award-winning London 2012 Olympic torch.
Ravensbourne, 6 Penrose Way, Greenwich Peninsula, London, SE10 0EW