University of Reading
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- We are recognised as being one of the top 1% of universities worldwide (QS World University Rankings 2016).
- 98% of our research has been rated as being of international standing (REF 2014).
- Many of our departments are ranked in the top 10 in the UK, including Agriculture, Education, Art and Design, Archaeology, and Land and Property Management.
- Henley Business School is one of the only business schools worldwide to hold triple-accredited status for the quality of its faculty and teaching.
- 89% of our students reported being satisfied with their experience at Reading, with 92% of international students saying they were satisfied/very satisfied with the support they received (NSS 2014).
- We have a long history of welcoming international students and currently host a thriving community of more 5,000 international students from over 150 countries.
- The main Whiteknights campus is set in 130 hectares of beautiful parkland.
- More than £400m has been invested in student accommodation, teaching and research facilities.
- The town of Reading is home to a large shopping and recreational centre, as well as being located close to London, Oxford and Birmingham, all of which make great day trips.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 7.0-6.5.
- For a full list of requirements please visit our website.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Scholarships and bursaries are available for international students.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- The University of Reading’s student helpers run a meet and greet service for students arriving at Heathrow Airport.
- We also offer an International Welcome Programme, which anyone joining the us from outside of the UK (including Europe) is encouraged to attend. It is a free, week-long programme, designed as an introduction for all international students, and includes tours and social events.
Accommodation for International Students
- If Reading is given as a first choice, and you firmly accept a place and return your application for accommodation by 1 August, you are guaranteed a study bedroom in university accommodation.
- The university offers both self-catered and catered accommodation, all with internet access.
- Some Halal meals are available in catered halls and packed lunches can be provided during Ramadan.
- All hall accommodation is either on campus or within easy walking distance of campus, local shops, banks and social facilities.
- All halls are located on bus routes from the city centre.
We offer a range of accommodation options:
- 40 weeks – you rent your room during term time and the Christmas and Easter vacations. This means you move in just before the start of Freshers' Week and move out just after the end of summer term.
- 51 weeks – you rent your room during term time and the Christmas, Easter and summer vacations. This means you move in just before the start of Freshers' Week and move out at the end of the summer vacation.
- Accommodation costs vary across campus, but the typical cost for en-suite accommodation starts at around £140 per week. Prices start at £101 per week rising to £178 per week for premium en-suite catered accommodation.
- Accommodation is available for mature students, couples and families.
Organisations for International Students
- University of Reading Students' Union (RUSU) offers more than 100 sports clubs and societies, and provides opportunities and guidance to get involved with volunteering.
- Religious life on campus is diverse and includes a Christian chaplaincy and a Muslim centre.
- Our stunning University of Malaysia campus opened in EduCity@Iskandar during February 2016. It offers students a world-class degree at an affordable price, delivered at a location that is convenient to them.
- Our courses match the high standards set by their UK equivalents and involve some of our strongest academic areas – business, finance, psychology, law, real estate, surveying and pharmacy.