- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,665 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 62%
- Part Time 38%
- UK 61%
- EU 7%
- Other 32%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||25||710||735|
|Accounting & Finance||20||485||505|
|Land & Property Management||20||395||415|
|Geography & Environmental Science||100||50||150|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||45||90||135|
|Art & Design||45||35||80|
|Librarianship & Information Management||30||45||80|
|Agriculture & Forestry||55||10||65|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||15||15||30|
|Aural & Oral Sciences||0||30||30|
|Classics & Ancient History||20||10||25|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||25||25|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||25||0||25|
|Anatomy & Physiology||5||10||15|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||5||5|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- New full-time postgraduate students are guaranteed accommodation if they accept the university's offer of a place, apply for accommodation by the application deadline and fulfil the conditions of their offer by the specified date.