University of Reading
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- 94% of taught postgraduates are in work or further study within six months, and of those working full time, 99% are in professional or managerial positions (DHLE, 2014).
- 98% of University of Reading research is internationally recognised according to the Research Excellence Framework (REF, 2014).
- Excellent research facilities with £400m invested over the past decade which has helped to create outstanding research facilities, including our Centre for Integrative Neuroscience and Neurodynamics, Chemical Analysis Facility, Centre for Advanced Microscopy, and our Design Innovation Research Centre.
- 87% of postgraduate taught students are satisfied with the career and professional development support provided, well above the average satisfaction of 82% at Russell Group universities according to the latest (PTES, 2015).
- One of the most successful knowledge transfer partnerships in the UK.
- Over £7m of postgraduate research studentships and bursaries available each year.
- Dedicated Graduate School for postgraduate research students offering a high level of support and training.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 4,665 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 65%
- Part Time 35%
- UK 56%
- EU 8%
- Other 36%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||141||1668||1809|
|Subjects allied to medicine||56||329||385|
|Agriculture & related subjects||139||114||253|
|Architecture, building & planning||25||139||164|
|Historical & philosophical studies||76||67||143|
|Creative arts & design||50||55||105|
|Engineering & technology||74||22||96|
|Mass communications & documentation||0||1||1|
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|